Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

in Boost Your Income
1.2K replies 234.7K views

Replies

• Ooh, and there are some 3* jobs on there at the mo...travel and food!
  • kiss_me_now9kiss_me_now9 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, and there are some 3* jobs on there at the mo...travel and food!

Thank you, just wrote my first article for the site - 400 words on the top five attractions in Amsterdam. Love the city so it was fun to write, wish there'd been more words and I could've put more than five attractions in though! :)
  • Thank you, just wrote my first article for the site - 400 words on the top five attractions in Amsterdam. Love the city so it was fun to write, wish there'd been more words and I could've put more than five attractions in though! :)

I know what you mean, i'm writing top 3 facts about Bristol, and am finding the hardest part is picking only 3! (Am also making Tinkerbelle wings and headband with my 6 yr old lol!)
  • katinikatini Forumite
    196 Posts
    I'm a 3* as well and wrote my first two articles today: one was rewriting a news article, and the other was about tourism in Spain. I've had the first one approved but now awaiting the second.

There appears to be tasks popping up throughout the day, you just have to get on there at the right time! I am glad that they gave you feedback SchminkyCat so that you have a chance of progressing. I was a bit disappointed at getting a 3* but then I guess without feedback we don't really know what they're after at each level!

Thanks again, OP.
  • surfboard2surfboard2 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've signed up and submitted my work so hopefully something good will come of it!
  • I sent my copy in yesterday and got evaluated straight away- am 4* but at the moment can't see anything I'd know how to go about writing. It all seems to be financial/tech and they don't give you very clear instructions (like what is the aim of the article!)
  • Would really like to know if anyone has written any of the 3 sample texts that you can submit? If so, do they count towards your rating? I'm close to being a 4* and am wondering if its worth submitting the extra texts to try and increase my rating.
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about that too. The problem is that when I have been writing for other people I find that I put together much more quality work than I do when it's writing for the sake of writing. I've only submitted 3 so far, got 2 top reviews from the client. One is awaiting the client to read/accept
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • I'm the same Kiran - find it much easier to write to a brief rather than writing just to put pen to paper. We should set each other a task! lol
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea that SchminkyCat, lol.

I just had one back from a client requesting a revision, no problem with that however the revision is essentially a whole new article around 2000 words long :mad:. They've taken nearly a week to get back to me too. If you cancel does it go against you in any way?
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Christmas Deals Predictor 2021

The hottest deals & best times to buy

MSE Deals