Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

in Boost Your Income
1.2K replies 234.7K views

Replies

• Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps drop an email to textbroker asking for advice? I emailed them when they froze my account (once I had written 5 articles) and they replied to me within a day.

2000 words is a lot!! All of mine have been between 300-400 words (although a couple I have struggled to condense to that little!)
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I didn't really want to take it on but I need to get to 5 articles under my belt to get reviewed and hopefully on my way up to a level 4. I've managed 3 so far including the almost complete re write article first time round, the other 2 have had really good reviews so I was just trying to get to 5 ASAP. In my enthusiam or maybe desperation I picked this article, well from a choice of 1 possibility, and wrote it. Took a couple of hours which is the most frustrating. I think I may email textbroker and see what they suggest, but as the client pays them I imagine they would prefer that it was done.

Hmm, wonder if this is a lost cause or a learning experience? lol
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • surfboard2surfboard2 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I received my first assignment today that's around 300 words. Have to submit it tomorrow. Shame there are so few assignments for 3* or below. But hey, i guess clients want the best writers!
  • Annie021063Annie021063 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just joined and submitted my piece. Fingers crossed.
  • movingonmovingon Forumite
    461 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    You can get paid into your bank account or your paypal account, once you have accrued 10 euros. I am wondering if however your bank or paypal will charge to convert to GBP and if so, what the cost will be? (I tried to look on paypal, but found it confusing)

The payments are not much to start with, so don't want to incur too much in charges.
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine it works on a percentage basis but I am no expert. Might be a question to email Paypal with
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • katinikatini Forumite
    196 Posts
    I've received a request to revise a blog post I wrote this morning. I am a bit put out that the revision request says:

"Could you change the title and make it fit in a bit more? Otherwise too similar to other posts." and gives me the website address of his blog. I wasn't supplied with the blog address in the first place so essentially have to completely re-write the article about something else now to get my 2.88. I feel like the goalposts have changed rather than what I have written has been unacceptable, if you see what I mean.

Oh well.
  • katini wrote: »
    I've received a request to revise a blog post I wrote this morning. I am a bit put out that the revision request says:

"Could you change the title and make it fit in a bit more? Otherwise too similar to other posts." and gives me the website address of his blog. I wasn't supplied with the blog address in the first place so essentially have to completely re-write the article about something else now to get my 2.88. I feel like the goalposts have changed rather than what I have written has been unacceptable, if you see what I mean.

Oh well.

Can you not just re-word the title of the article, and leave the article as it is?
  • movingon wrote: »
    You can get paid into your bank account or your paypal account, once you have accrued 10 euros. I am wondering if however your bank or paypal will charge to convert to GBP and if so, what the cost will be? (I tried to look on paypal, but found it confusing)

The payments are not much to start with, so don't want to incur too much in charges.

Don't know if this helps, but I transferred a payment of 10.65EUR into my paypal account and ended up with £8.15 in cash. :D
  • katinikatini Forumite
    196 Posts
    Can you not just re-word the title of the article, and leave the article as it is?

Hmm I read it differently and thought they meant that the whole article was too similar to other posts. I've changed the title, changed a paragraph that was very similar to the one that he linked me to, and re-formatted it to look like one of his posts so hopefully he will like it.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS