Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

in Boost Your Income
1.2K replies 235K views

Replies

• KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I signed up and had my work evaluated, I too am part of the 3* brigade, if only I had paid more attention in school, lol.

I do see a problem though, there was only 1 article I could write and it was about something Russian. I understand how your rating can be increased however that isn't possible if you have no option to show your skills as all other items are 4* or above! The sample that I had to write was made from a choice of topics that I really didn't know anything, have an opinion, about. It was never going to set the world alight. I'm just slightly frustrated that there are articles to be written in the 4* section that I actually know about!

Anyway, rant over. I'll go back to looking for an article to come in that I can get started on.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • red_devilred_devil Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    There is never any work and there isnt a system that allows you to be notified if there is anything.They need to change.
    :footie:
  • katinikatini Forumite
    196 Posts
    Thanks for this, I have just signed up and submitted my evaluation piece. Fingers crossed!
  • I was evaluated as 3 star and have written 5 articles so far, all have been accepted, all paid for and I recieved my first Paypal payout yesterday, so the work is there!

Unfortunately, Textbroker have put a hold on my account because i've reached 5 articles and they want to evaluate my work before I write any more. Bit fed up as they say that will take up to 7 days, but i've already been waiting 8 working days for them to evaluate my first piece! Ho hum!
  • I wrote my first article for Textbroker on 20th July and it still has not been assessed - so it takes much longer than 7 working days! I've not yet written 5 articles though, so my account is ok. I am 4* so currently have quite a choice of articles.
  • I've just submitted my evaluation piece. Fingers crossed!!
  • TomboTombo Forumite
    999 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed reviews form the comments on here.

Is there much work on there at the moment? I am thinking of signing up but not sure if it is gonna be worth it.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    :jDebt-Free Wannabe!! :j
  • Depends what your rating is Tombo. If you get rated as a 2 or 3* writer then its slim pickings i'm afraid, however there always seems to be jobs for 4 and 5* writers from what I have seen (sometimes only a couple of articles available, but sometimes into double figures to choose from!).
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    As above, there is work for 4* plus. I wish I knew the distribution of articles before I signed up and also that the written text was marking more than just your spelling, punctuation and grammar. I would have put more thought into what I was writing. Go for it, but make sure you submit the absolute best you can for the test.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • just thought i'd write a little update. Textbroker have just assessed all 5 of my articles and unblocked my account so I can work again - yay!

Out of the 5 I got 3 x 3* and 2 x 4* and some good feedback on areas of improvement. Turns out I am a little bit trigger happy when it comes to using a comma! lol So still a 3* overall, but working on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News