Is anyone starting from scratch???

Options

Comments

• Saving_NOW
    Saving_NOW Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Savingwannabe well done on keeping the kitchen fund in tact!

Oldtractor, barbwire nightmare for rugs we have it to stop ours knocking down anymore drystone walls!!?? our horses act like butter wouldn't melt when we are with them but once our backs are turned it's rugs slipping/ripping...I mean can YOU explain how a horse manages to get her rug off without undoing any straps or buckles??..walls falling down.....manes disapearring....6 of them breaking into the tiny right of way path next to the field when they have over 20 acres!!!! you know the score hahaha

Well done to everyone for adding to the savings! my boots have survived to live another day so when DH gets paid on Fri i'm going to send £50 to my unreachable account and should be able to add £140 to the exsisting £40 clothes/laptop fund. I may however spend just a little as i need a new coat but i will be selling my exsisting coat on fleabay to fund it as it's a really decent Super#ry and it will defo sell.

Cold and miserable here today but i hear it's gonna be warm tomorrow hope it is!

Keep on saving fellow "starting from scratchers";)
    Regular saver £200 Saving for emergency fund (£2000)
    ISA £30 Saving for new clothes/ new laptop (£1000)

• Saving_NOW
    Saving_NOW Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    That's good. Am cutting down on fizzy drinks myself, hope it makes a difference to the pounds and £s!

£50 added each to the savings accounts. Had an unexpected expense: my bag strap broke on Friday so had to buy another one:(

Well done on adding to your accounts! Unexpected expenses are the worse kind :mad: is your new bag lovely though? Was just thinking i could have sent you some of my boot glue get that strap fixed how MSE would that have been :rotfl::money:
    Regular saver £200 Saving for emergency fund (£2000)
    ISA £30 Saving for new clothes/ new laptop (£1000)

• mimok
    mimok Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, sorry I have been AWOL for a bit! Well we now have official savings for the first time in forever:) Mr Mimok opened an ISA/ saving account thing as his bank offered him a deal- if he pays in £25 per month for 12 months they will give him £120 at the end of the year. So the Disney fund has started. We are up to £291! Woohoo :)
    I have also transferred my ridiculous OD onto 0% cc so instead of paying extortionate interest per month I will be paying it off. So excited by this! I took great joy in going into my bank on Sat and asking them to reduce my OD. The bank man looked very shocked and said 'well I don't get that sort of request every day!'

Lots of lovely money saving going on I see- well done for boot fixing! I did sew a hole up in my tights the other day....

M x
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all, savings wise we are doing well.

It's funny that we are all thinking of ways to save more by mending rather than buying. :beer:
    mimok 251 in Disney fund is great.
    oldtractor well done on ditching sugar. :beer:I am finding it so hard to give up diet coke. I have succumbed and bought a few bottles at work!

saving-NOW keep that glue! I am going to do some mending this weekend seeing as everyone else is. Are you any good at sewing buttons?:rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Wantobeasaver
    Options
    Saving_NOW wrote: »
    Well done on adding to your accounts! Unexpected expenses are the worse kind :mad: is your new bag lovely though? Was just thinking i could have sent you some of my boot glue get that strap fixed how MSE would that have been :rotfl::money:
    :rotfl:To be fair it was an old bag, would have to replaced it soon but was hoping to get another few weeks out of it...

Totals currently stand:
    Laptop/holiday fund: £139.60
    Emergency fund: £738.18
  • davenport151
    Options
    Hi all! Glad everyone seems to be getting on so well.

Savingwannabe -totally true about that great feeling of being paid. BUT I love even more the feeling of it not all disappearing in one go. Or by the 2nd or 3rd week!
    I now - know my essential spend amount (for those direct debits, petrol etc), put aside money for those yearly expenses (car running costs, holidays,Xmas etc).
    Then putting aside money from what's left for anything I know that's coming up in the month. A trip out for example.
    What I have left is mine to decide what to do with! I may save a little more, I may decide what is essential this month. I may decide to purchase a new coat as my old one is falling apart (it was)!
    Then I will earmark £30 perhaps for bike repair -both my son & I rely on pedal power to get us to school/work. If this is not used it is there for some other expense.
    I love it - I know where my money is going.

Just have to add -Mimok -love that about the overdraft!
    Back on the trains again!

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hurrah things are improving for all of us!

I have just looked at the calendar and we have two weeks and two days till the end of the month.
    :j:j:T

I haven't bought anything naughty yet but I have been so tempted. I will be good....I will be good.....:rotfl:

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi everyone, fellow horse owners with dry stone wall problems and everyone else. Hope you are all having a good weekend and the horses are where they are ment to be with no trashed rugs.
    Unexpected expense here this weekend , the microwave broke so had to get another. BOught a better one today with a dtainless steel interior . I am thankful that I could afford it. £75 spent but at least I had it and didnt need to go into debt or do without. I am grateful.
  • davenport151
    Options
    I have just looked at the calendar and we have two weeks and two days till the end of the month.
    :j:j:T

I always check out how long the month is so I know how to plan my spending. 5 week ones can be a pain but the payday that follows makes up for it. It took me ages to realise i don't get paid the same amount every month!
    Back on the trains again!

• CrazyKitten
    CrazyKitten Posts: 105 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi All,

I agree, I'm 26 and starting from Scratch and seeing everyone with big saving pots is disheartening. I currently have about £450 over two credit cards but determined to get them paid off and start saving!!
    Comp Wins on Twitter to Date: 20 Prizes!
    £2015 in 2015: £2193 :j
    £2016 in 2016: £2135.14
    Savings Fund : £2100/£10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills