IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh my Good God! :wall:

Maybe the MSE forum team could actually consider closing this 'discussion thread' as we don't need such a thing in a parking forum. We need it closed with a message at the end telling people to read the sticky threads at the top of the current forum!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • racken
    racken Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This isn't a reply to anyone but my first input.
    Firstly Thanks to all volunteers, paid staff @ MSE, and those who offer good advice.
    I have just replied online to Smart Parking who run ASDA car park in Shipley West Yorks. I used the full letter provided, even though there signage is probably adequate. I am a little late in appealing; will this make any difference?
    Has anyone had dealings with them?
    Thanks
    Racken
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well if you park like you post you were probably in totally the wrong place :)

Read the sticky.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2014 at 2:48PM
    racken wrote: »
    Firstly Thanks to all volunteers, paid staff @ MSE, and those who offer good advice.
    I have just replied online to Smart Parking who run ASDA car park in Shipley West Yorks. I used the full letter provided, even though there signage is probably adequate. I am a little late in appealing; will this make any difference?
    Thanks
    Racken
    #
    Welcome racken - nodding donkey is being a little cross, but it's understandable when so many posters ride in, hi-jack threads, don't read, don't supply essential detail.

You imply you have tried to read around the subject here, so that's a good start. You need to do more.

Which 'full letter'?

Do your mean ' there' or 'their'?;meaning alters completely.

What expertise do you have to write this? 'signage is probably adequate.'

ppc fake invoices are unenforceable.

You can answer your final 2 ?s by reading the NEWBIES STICKY THREADS and really paying attention to c-m's links and all the input from real experts here.

You need to steady down and write things sensibly then come back with minimum necessary detail.

Now it'S READ READ READ time.:) AFTER YOU'VE STARTED YOUR OWN THREAD.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    racken wrote: »
    Thanks
    Racken

There's a whole current and busy parking forum out there you know, chock full of threads every day about Smart Parking and others like them!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I do hope you DIDN'T just read the old MSE article with the useless appeal template? I suspect you've only seen MSE articles and this discussion which is ancient. You would get soooo much more from any forum board here if you simply use the breadcrumb trail to get to page one of the forum that any article links you to.

See my signature - one click gets you to page one and the 'Private parking ticket? NEWBIES read these FAQs first' thread, with a stronger appeal letter. Doesn't matter too much at this stage of appeal but tell us what the MSE article said about POPLA...it doesn't explain how to win at POPLA does it, unlike every thread on the live forum...

Keep away from lingering too long on articles and discussion thread links on MSE - always hop straight off them and onto the actual live forum they sit on, especially if the posts and the article are OLD!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Is it just me or is the world increasingly populated by wuckfits??
  • Mini1
    Mini1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi.

I am new to this so would really appreciate some help :)

On the 24th Feb I received a final notice warning from G24 stating that on the 17th December 2013, I parked 136 minutes over my 90 minute over my time allowance. Okay fair enough BUT I'm I not suppose to receive a contractual parking charge letter that gives a discounted price and a chance to appeal?

Another thing which really winds me up about this is that the reason I was over my time that day is because the traffic in and out of the B&M car park that day was ridiculous, it was gridlocked dues to road works on the main road and the traffic lights...It was impossible for me to get out and I know that I got back to my car at least 20 minutes before my time ran out because I had to get to work.

Anyway I sent them a letter after receiving this 'final charge notice' in February stating that I don't understand why I have not been sent a contractual parking charge notice as surely I should of been as this incident happened in December! I also put on the letter that if they were to check the camera's they would see that it took a ridiculously long time to get out of the car park and surely they would take this into consideration. As how is the traffic flow on the main road my fault?!

But what really gets to me is I sent this letter two weeks ago and I received another letter stating that I have two options:
    Either pay the fine or face debt recovery procedures and court action.

I am quite stressed out and scared about it now as I am getting threatening letters and I haven't even been offered the chance to appeal. I feel they are ignoring two of the letters I have sent, I am so unsure of what to do. When I first received the final notice letter I emailed POPLA to say that surely this is unfair I haven't received a first notice and haven't been offered a chance to appeal, plus how can I contra the traffic which ultimately made me go over my time in the car park. They sent one back stating that at this point it basically isn't an issue for them to deal with. I would of actually paid the the charge if id been giving the chance to appeal as I hate confrontation and I don't want debt collectors coming round my house. But now I think why the hell should I as they didn't even give me the chance to appeal by sending me a contractual parking charge notice before a final notice.

Please help :(:(:(
  • SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    The first thing you need to do is start your own thread, you will then get advice on your situation.

Click newthread.gif on the main page;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    New members posting an inappropriate post in this thread agree to pay the forum £100

Charge will be reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it just me or is the world increasingly populated by wuckfits??

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure