IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

1181920212224»

Comments

• I have received a rejection of representation and want to know if I stand a chance of winning an appeal to the independent adjudicator. I paid for parking but accidentally using the registration of a previous vehicle. As I paid for 'a vehicle' to be parked and can prove that I don't own both cars, will this be considered mitigating circumstances?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    First read the newbies thread at the top if this section , then start a new thread about your problem if you still need help

Have you read the instructions at the top of this section about the Newbies thread?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have received a rejection of representation and want to know if I stand a chance of winning an appeal to the independent adjudicator. I paid for parking but accidentally using the registration of a previous vehicle. As I paid for 'a vehicle' to be parked and can prove that I don't own both cars, will this be considered mitigating circumstances?

You need to start your own thread if you still have queries after reading the NEWBIES FAQs thread, not this one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi

Ive got a ticket, and its private land, just read your pages and am a bit confused over the 4 options you list and really not that clear what you are suggesting to do. It seems you suggest to use their appeals route but by doing so you legitimise the process.

Or, to ignore it, you are saying not to even though its an invoice.

How can they justify disproptionate charges? £100 for 15 mins? How?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi

Ive got a ticket, and its private land, just read your pages and am a bit confused over the 4 options you list and really not that clear what you are suggesting to do. It seems you suggest to use their appeals route but by doing so you legitimise the process.

Or, to ignore it, you are saying not to even though its an invoice.

How can they justify disproptionate charges? £100 for 15 mins? How?

Please don't hijack outdated discussion threads!

Read the Newbies Sticky then start your own thread to get current info and proper help.
  • I have received a PCN for parking on the dropped kerb ramp into my business's car park while locking up said car park at the end of the business day at 6pm. The business is located on a Red Route and has a Cycle Super Highway running past. There are no parking bays in operation at that time of day and all the side streets are residents permits only. The car was parked totally on the ramp into our property and did not block either the Red Route, Cycle Superhighway and there was a gap of approx. 4 feet for pedestrians to pass the vehicle. I got out of the vehicle, walked around the back to secure a drop post and chain, returned to the vehicle and drove off. No more than a minute, 2 at the max. Appealed to TFL who have rejected the appeal. This was observed from a camera mounted on top of a lamp post and I was sent a letter with the PCN in the post after the event. Opening and closing our premises is something we have to do every day and we pay enough rates as it is. I do not want to be penalised for going about my legitimate business as well. I cannot find any similar cases on-line and wondered if there were any precedents for this situation which I can use in my appeal. I believe the only route I have is use mitigating circumstances as the grounds for appeal are very restricted and do not really cover this.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Remember folks ... if people can't be bothered to even read the thread they're posting on, they don't deserve help until they do so. :)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,110
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2017 at 1:00PM
    I have received a PCN for parking on the dropped kerb ramp into my business's car park while locking up said car park at the end of the business day at 6pm. The business is located on a Red Route and has a Cycle Super Highway running past. There are no parking bays in operation at that time of day and all the side streets are residents permits only. The car was parked totally on the ramp into our property and did not block either the Red Route, Cycle Superhighway and there was a gap of approx. 4 feet for pedestrians to pass the vehicle. I got out of the vehicle, walked around the back to secure a drop post and chain, returned to the vehicle and drove off. No more than a minute, 2 at the max. Appealed to TFL who have rejected the appeal. This was observed from a camera mounted on top of a lamp post and I was sent a letter with the PCN in the post after the event. Opening and closing our premises is something we have to do every day and we pay enough rates as it is. I do not want to be penalised for going about my legitimate business as well. I cannot find any similar cases on-line and wondered if there were any precedents for this situation which I can use in my appeal. I believe the only route I have is use mitigating circumstances as the grounds for appeal are very restricted and do not really cover this.

This is an old and out of date thread. The official MSE thread gives very bad advice and should be ignored. Despite numerous complaints to MSE they persist in leaving this thread active with bad advice that will cost motorists money if they use it.

This thread needs to be deleted as it no longer helps anyone.

As yours appears to be a council PCN you would be better off posting over on pepipoo.com. You will need an email address to register there but Hotmail accounts won't work.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business