IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

edited 6 February 2013 at 12:46PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
238 replies 111.5K views

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no revelation to us. This is happening every day 24/7/365 on the forum. We are inundated with similar stories, but most come here for advice before parting with their cash.

You have been well and truly scammed. There was absolutely no need whatsoever to pay DRP - but way too late now. I'm afraid you've just kissed goodbye to your money, needlessly.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 15 July 2016 at 5:34PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 July 2016 at 5:34PM
    Ronan7305 wrote: »
    Just a quick message. I only joined this site to try and spread the word of what I think is a new low by parking/enforcement companies.
    Standard problem. Parked a bit out of a space at a sainburys. Got fine. Appealed it.4 months later got a letter from DRV asking for £120 or they will take me to court.
    I called them and asked why it was now £120 she said because I ignored the last letter saying my appeal was turned down & still had to pay the fine.
    I told them I hadnt received that letter only for the lady to quote legislation that said I had to prove I hadnt received the letter otherwise next letter would be a court summons.
    This all sounded very fishy. I honestly never received a letter & she was really quick to quote the legislation as soon as I mentioned it.
    I paid £96 I cant afford rather than £30 all because I didnt & couldnt prove I had received an advisory letter from euro car parks.
    Im sorry this is in the wrong section or something but Im so angry & want to show people the new lows these scumbags have sunken to.
    Cheers
    You did whaaaaaaat?????!!

When the forum was just one click away, telling you what to do to quash it:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You seriously got yourself mugged. Why did you pay? Read the forum threads there in the link, starting with 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' so you NEVER make the same mistake next time.

No-one on this entire forum ever pays Euro Car Parks or a debt collector. Ever.

Did you not even Google to find out the basic stuff, such as the fact Euro Car Parks DO.NOT.SUE.PEOPLE...they haven't a clue. And Debt Recovery firms can't sue either, they lied.

Newbies reading this should be aware that there are litigious parking firms who WILL sue, e.g. ParkingEye or Excel or Napier or UKCPS, for example. Hence why the NEWBIES advice thread on the forum is detailed.

But...why didn't you just complain to Sainsburys, as you would. Supermarkets cancel these all the time with one phone call.

:eek:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have no idea how to post something for myself but I received a PCN for overstaying in McDonald's at Gatwick by 11 minutes my husband is the registered driver but it was me I was in McDonald's with my sister chatting before she left for Australia I had no idea I had over run by 11 minutes until I received the fine should I pay?
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jojotw wrote: »
    I have no idea how to post something for myself but I received a PCN for overstaying in McDonald's at Gatwick by 11 minutes my husband is the registered driver but it was me I was in McDonald's with my sister chatting before she left for Australia I had no idea I had over run by 11 minutes until I received the fine should I pay?

You need to return to the front page
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=163

At the top you will see NEW THREAD, you start your own thread for help
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jojotw wrote: »
    I have no idea how to post something for myself but I received a PCN for overstaying in McDonald's at Gatwick by 11 minutes my husband is the registered driver but it was me I was in McDonald's with my sister chatting before she left for Australia I had no idea I had over run by 11 minutes until I received the fine should I pay?

No, is the answer.

And NEVER tell the parking firm who the driver was! See the NEWBIES FAQs thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I left my car with a Valeting Company on their private land for a full valet and was shocked to receive a Notice to Owner from London Borough Of Merton sometime after. The Valeting Company had parked my car illegally on the public road without my permission during the period that they had it and then when I went to collect it they had removed the PCN. I wrote to the council with these details which made no difference so went to appeal and lost. I then went back to the adjudicator who said I have to pay not the original 50% of ticket £55 but now £165. This is a lot of money to my family, is this correct? TYIA :(
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumba wrote: »
    I left my car with a Valeting Company on their private land for a full valet and was shocked to receive a Notice to Owner from London Borough Of Merton sometime after. The Valeting Company had parked my car illegally on the public road without my permission during the period that they had it and then when I went to collect it they had removed the PCN. I wrote to the council with these details which made no difference so went to appeal and lost. I then went back to the adjudicator who said I have to pay not the original 50% of ticket £55 but now £165. This is a lot of money to my family, is this correct? TYIA :(

You need to take this over to pepipoo they are the experts on real council tickets, this forum realy deals with fake private parking tickets.
  • hello all

my father was recently issued a parking ticket for parking on a street during prescribed hours , but he appealed against the ticket under mitigating circumstances which were:

1) he is disabled and has walking difficulties and parked his car under serious circumstance as he had to attend to myself as an emergency

2) i am pregnant (fathers daughter) and he came to my assistance and could not find a place to park therefore he parked his car for a short while on the footpath (not curb) and rushed to get me and take me to he hospital

secondly there was no signage displayed to say that there is no parking allowed at any time!

these are the reasons my father gave to them and appealed in writing and i also provided him with a witness statement to support this and took pictures of the location and no signage displayed.

having done some research and reading the UNFAIR tickets article on MSE and also getting advice from CAB website, i have read to my knowledge that under these reasons stated above that the ticket can or should be cancelled.

i believe my father had strong mitigating reasons to claim against the ticket but unfortunately they have rejected the appeal and said they are unable to consider the mitigating reasons put forward and he has 14 days to pay the discounted fee of £35

i just wanted to get some more help or advice about this matter and shed some light on this.

hope anyone can help

thank you
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    37.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as I said in your other thread, if its council , try pepipoo forums
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this thread be locked so that this out of date advice thread never resurfaces? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides