IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I received a parking ticket on my windscreen at the go outdoors carpark in colindale yesterday for overstaying 2 hours. I did not see any signs however they provided picture evidence of their existence. Additionally the ticket says that my car make was a BMW when they took pictures clearly showing it was a Mercedes. Do you think this is grounds enough for the fine to be rescinded?

Not sure if it is worth contesting or paying the early fee of £60.

Thanks,
    Ankush

See the reply above your post and do exactly as it tells you. This is not a good thread to post on and the MSE article and template appeal is worse than useless because it actually drops people in it by saying who was driving and wasting time with 'mitigation'.

Instead you need the forum template in the NEWBIES FAQs thread (the links are above your post already).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tp2332
    Options
    On 06/10/2016 I received a parking ticket because I didn't display a parking ticket whilst parking at Odeon Trowbridge Wiltshire. ( I did purchase a ticket but it fell down as the door shut..!).

I then emailed UKPC to appeal the same day and attached a picture of the ticket I had purchased.

I didn't hear anything back from them and this week received a letter from a debt recovery company demanding I pay £160 with the threat of taking me to court if I don't pay.

I today discovered that UKPC did reply to my claim, but it had gone straight to my Junk emails! :mad: it was stating I could raise an appeal with their appeals company but only had 25 days to do so, this has now elapsed.

Are UKPC allowed to just ping their emails to people's junk??

Can anyone please help if I have any chance of an appeal?

Many thanks, TP.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2016 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Stop bumping this old/dead/out of date thread and go-read the Newbies Sticky - which tells you all you need to know about dealing with PPCs!

Post four deals specifically with debt collectors.

And please ensure this is actually a genuine UKPC email as there is a scam one going around - and if you clicked on the link within that, get your Anti-Malware/Spyware software up to date!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GENERAL NOTE FOR THIS THREAD BECAUSE THE ARTICLE IS NOT UP TO DATE.

AT THE TIME OF WRITING IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO USE IT TO APPEAL A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET...

Use the appeal template in the NEWBIES thread here, (either IPC or BPA version as applicable):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

NEVER say who the driver was, with a private parking ticket.

DO NOT use the template appeal in the Parking Ticket Appeals guide.

Newbies should follow the forum advice instead.

When you think about it, you are obviously not going to be able to start a new thread 'on a thread'. I know you've managed it now but for other newbies PLEEEEEEEASE just go to the main parking forum board, and come off this old and out of date, unhelpful guide and thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not that difficult. There's the forum. Read it!

NEW THREAD button and NEWBIES FAQs thread is there at the top (please read the latter FIRST).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MRDOLLAR
    MRDOLLAR Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm hoping I can get some advice regarding a parking fine which has now gone to the county court....which I'm very worried about!
    I believe the incident occurred whilst I popped to an ATM to draw some money out which I needed urgently and i parked in a space possibly where I shouldn't have. Literally for 2/3 mins!
    The reason I say believe/ unsure because I have thrown away a private parking car Parking company letters as was told via google I didn't have to pay (Uk car parking management) it may be this above incident but unsure as the particulars of claim do not state where the offence occurred.
    Should I now acknowledge the claim letter to give more time ? What's my defence have I any ?
    I do not wish to have a CCJ and I can't afford these costs.
    Hoping someone maybe able to help.
    Many thanks
    MR DOLLAR
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 February 2017 at 1:57PM
    Options
    MRDOLLAR wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I'm hoping I can get some advice regarding a parking fine which has now gone to the county court....which I'm very worried about!
    I believe the incident occurred whilst I popped to an ATM to draw some money out which I needed urgently and i parked in a space possibly where I shouldn't have. Literally for 2/3 mins!
    The reason I say believe/ unsure because I have thrown away a private parking car Parking company letters as was told via google I didn't have to pay (Uk car parking management) it may be this above incident but unsure as the particulars of claim do not state where the offence occurred.
    Should I now acknowledge the claim letter to give more time ? What's my defence have I any ?
    I do not wish to have a CCJ and I can't afford these costs.
    Hoping someone maybe able to help.
    Many thanks
    MR DOLLAR

This is an old and out of date thread. The official MSE thread gives very bad advice and should be ignored. Despite numerous complaints to MSE they persist in leaving this thread active with bad advice that will cost motorists money if they use it.

You have started your own thread, so stick to that one. You will get the help there that you need.

This thread needs to be deleted as it no longer helps anyone.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • lovettjo
    Options
    I am really upset to have received in the post a parking fine from some company called Horizon for overstaying parking in Harlow Sainsburys not sure what to do can anyone help me please on next steps

I saw no signage or anything around the car park
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First read the newbies thread at the top if this section , then start a new thread about your problem if you still need helo
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • lovettjo
    Options
    I am really upset to have received in the post a parking fine from some company called Horizon for overstaying parking in Harlow Sainsburys not sure what to do can anyone help me please on next steps

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lovettjo wrote: »

You help yourself best by following the rules you clearly agreed to!

So instead of spamming the same post round this forum and hijacking old/dead/out of date threads, start by reading the Newbies Sticky and start your own thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure