IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Comments

• Not much help really, just wanted a quick reply. I don't want to start an on line book of what others think, just wanted facts.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 July 2013 at 10:31AM
    The facts are that you posted in a thread discussing an article/guide here. Which is not directly related to a ticket itself and I completely fail to understand why you didn't get that from just a few of the posts above yours?

Also, post-POFA, individual cases/challenges do differ more than before, which means we have had to gear-up to look at each poster's situation on its own merits - so pitching-up on somebody else's thread can confuse matters for everyone or get you missed-out altogether.

Equally, bumping threads is something you expressly agreed not to do as part of your signup.

So there is method in our madness and it is geared-up to helping the most people most efficiently. :)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    rashid wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by strop posts? when have i been stroppy? About people helping me out, you obviously took the time to type a reply to me, lets start by you, how about you help me out here and guide / help me out here. Thanks in advance :T

Posting willy-nilly and asking for help on threads not related to your own is bad etiquette and will not get you helped any faster.

Stroma has given you excellent advice and pointed you in the right direction for dealing with legit council tickets but IMO, you are going to have your work cut-out on this one but it may be possible.

And do read the posting guide and get it right before starting there - we are very gentle compared to them when it comes to awkward posters. :)
  • Beale_Bob
    Beale_Bob Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 August 2013 at 10:40PM
    I have read the apppeals guide,and in particular the link which refers to the list of things that a posted parking ticket must contain. I was surprised to see that the location of the alleged contravention ,is not mentioned. I recieved a ticket fromm TFL along with two tiny poor quality pictures claiming I had parked on a red route. I had in fact parked further along the road in a designated unloading bay . (and had been genuinely unloading). My representations have been rejected and since I am now looking at the appeals procedure,is the location relevant?Edited to add that TFL still do not in any corespondance ,refer to the correct location.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread! Start your own thread!
  • Instead of simply showing yourself up as a fool,and perhaps if you had read my post correctly,I was asking about the appeal guide and whether the location of an alleged contravention is also critical to the validity of a ticket. I came to this site looking for information on appeals and I cant say I am very impressed with what I have found
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    You are advised to post your own thread Bob as your situation will be lost on this thread, it ensures you get specific advice to your ticket.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Also as its a TFL ticket its probably best to post on https://www.pepipoo.com as well as they are the experts on penalty charges
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • I am not looking for information regarding my individual case . My question is in regard to the location specified on a ticket. In a great many instances in both civil and criminal law, failure to specify certain details correctly on a notice can be fatal to that notice. I was surprised that I could find no mention of the location of an alleged contravention in the guide. I would have thought that since this is a question regarding the content of the guide rather than a specific case,this thread was exactly the place to question this.Anyway,,thank you Stroma for your reply.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    The guide like most cannot replace advice given by people responding to your situation, its always the best policy to get the opinion of people who can help you the most. I guess the research is not there initially so its down to the people writing it. Plus this guide is quite old and doesn't take into account things that have changed.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • I stopped outside the Post Office to obtain change for the parking meter and by the time I had the correct change I had already been issued a Fixed Charge Notice.

The sign in the carpark (which isn't very clear) says that correct change must be obtained before leaving your vehicle (which I think would be very difficult?) and the observation time on this ticket was for 11 seconds. As they did not leave a period of grace before issuing the ticket I then appealed to POPLA which has been refused as they said that Napier Parking had not breached their contract even though there was no respective period of grace.

What do I do next as I don't want to be dragged to court! Any help would be great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure