Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

edited 6 February 2013 at 12:46PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
238 replies 111.1K views

Replies

• Hi I've received a fine for parking in a retail outlet and overstayed by half an hour - I had a puncture which prolonged my stay. Parking eye will not let me off this fine as I do not have proof of a purchase at the retail store. What should I do - the parking was free in the first instance and I'm not happy paying £60 for half hour!
  • bazsterbazster Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Jasper00 wrote: »
    Hi I've received a fine for parking in a retail outlet and overstayed by half an hour - I had a puncture which prolonged my stay. Parking eye will not let me off this fine as I do not have proof of a purchase at the retail store. What should I do - the parking was free in the first instance and I'm not happy paying £60 for half hour!

Oh dear Jasper, wrong place again! This is where you start your own thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=163
    Je suis Charlie.
  • This morning I received a parking charge at the Stevenage Leisure Centre. I was early for an appointment and thought I'd pop into town for half an hour. When I got back there was a parking charge for "leaving the site" taped to my windscreen. I feel like this is unfair as I was only in town for half an hour and I used the facilities at the Leisure Park. The car park was almost empty so it's not as if anyone was missing out on a parking space because of me. If I made an appeal then, having read your appeal guide, it would have to be under mitigating circumstances. Do you think it's worth making an appeal or, as according to other advice found on MSE, just ignoring it?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not even read the previous post immediately before making yours on this thread?

No one is advocating 'ignore', no one is advocating 'mitigating circumstances', everyone is advicating 'making an aopeal'. Where have you been 'reading'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • This morning I received a parking charge at the Stevenage Leisure Centre. I was early for an appointment and thought I'd pop into town for half an hour. When I got back there was a parking charge for "leaving the site" taped to my windscreen. I feel like this is unfair as I was only in town for half an hour and I used the facilities at the Leisure Park. The car park was almost empty so it's not as if anyone was missing out on a parking space because of me. If I made an appeal then, having read your appeal guide, it would have to be under mitigating circumstances. Do you think it's worth making an appeal or, as according to other advice found on MSE, just ignoring it?

Oh dear, wrong place again! This is where you start your own thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ewthread&f=163
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
  • Howzit Umkomaas,

Oops! Sorry about that...I had read that this thread was about the appeals guide and was asking a question regarding the "mitigating circumstances" which I had read about in the guide. I went charging in without fully understanding ...obviously still a bit upset about the whole thing. Silly Saf coming to grips with life in the UK :) Have a lovely day!
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howzit Umkomaas,

Oops! Sorry about that...I had read that this thread was about the appeals guide and was asking a question regarding the "mitigating circumstances" which I had read about in the guide. I went charging in without fully understanding ...obviously still a bit upset about the whole thing. Silly Saf coming to grips with life in the UK :) Have a lovely day!

No worries fella. New thread and I'll try to help. Day has been great :).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • rashidrashid Forumite
    24 Posts
    Hi all,
    On sunday evening at 7 pm I parked my car behind half footway marked bays to let off my pregnant wife & got a pcn
    I appealed, it was rejected, I failed to appeal to adjucator on time because my kid was born & got busy with hospitals etc but I appealed late to adjucator but my reason of being late is refused, can I do anything now since charge certificate of £165 is issued? Also the fined amount do not comply to what it should be as stated on Sutton council's website. Can anyone help?
  • ilikoiliko Forumite
    88 Posts
    I received an parking violation "invoice" yesterday. See the pictures at http://imgur.com/a/jRzuM#0 and tell me if you the parking attendant was right or wrong issuing the penalty?
  • atillaatilla Forumite
    862 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    iliko wrote: »
    I received an parking violation "invoice" yesterday. See the pictures at http://imgur.com/a/jRzuM#0 and tell me if you the parking attendant was right or wrong issuing the penalty?
    You need to edit the piccy. take out any identifying info - VRN for example.
    What heinous offence do they claim you have committed?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides