IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Comments

• Hi this is a general post to anyone who has wrongly been issued with a parking ticket.
    My son recieved a flurry of parking tickets from Haringey council London,he lives in Devon and has never been to London,the photos they sent of the ticketed car looked like an exact replica of his car,number plates and all.We have resolved this matter and i just want to pass on our experience,dont bother with phone calls,letters,
    timesheets from your place of work,all of which we did.
    Just send photos photos photos of your car from every angle and close up,including copies of your tax disc and v5 forms we spent weeks worrying and sending things by reg post explaining why it wasnt his car but only the close up photos did it,along with a crime number,we found the met police very helpful in this matter.Good luck to anyone going through this hell at the moment
  • My wife accidentally parked in a disabled bay on a Salford Quays car park run by Euro car parks, she bought and displayed a car park ticket, but did'nt realise it was a disabled bay until she returned an saw the ticket on the screen, the markings were almost obscure with snow remnants and litter in the corner where these bays were. The car is registered in my name so they are now pursuing me for £70.
    What is the legal position
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    My wife accidentally parked in a disabled bay on a Salford Quays car park run by Euro car parks, she bought and displayed a car park ticket, but did'nt realise it was a disabled bay until she returned an saw the ticket on the screen, the markings were almost obscure with snow remnants and litter in the corner where these bays were. The car is registered in my name so they are now pursuing me for £70.
    Please start your own thread. This thread is not for the purposes of giving advice on individual cases but for the discussion of a guide to appealing tickets.

Please click on this link and then on the large blue button "New Thread" to pose your question.

@MSE Rose - perhaps you should consider inserting a subtitle instructing new posters to start a new thread. This is getting distracting and preventing genuine discussion.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    [STRIKE]My wife accidentally parked in a disabled bay on a [/STRIKE]Salford Quays car park run by Euro car parks, [STRIKE]

she bought and displayed a car park ticket, but did'nt realise it was a
    disabled bay until she returned an saw the ticket on the screen, the markings
    were almost obscure with snow remnants and litter in the corner where these bays
    were. The car is registered in my name so they are now pursuing me for £70.

[/STRIKE]

Ignore everything unless genuine court papers arrive.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 August 2014 at 9:08PM
    Why oh why oh why is this MSE thread here? It should be deleted or posted in reverse order or locked so that nobody sees the out of date advice to ignore PCNs, or even post on this thread at all. Please ignore this thread and read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the page. Do not read anything else on this thread. Do not post on this thread.

READ THE STICKY THREAD FOR NEWBIES before posting.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello, I parked my car in what i believed to be a completely legal space. There were no road markings, signs, cones or anything else. As far as i could see there were no restrictions. There was other cars parked around, and there were no clear obstructions. Thus i thought it would be fine to park there. Later on i went back to my car to see that it was missing. I reported it stolen to be informed that it was towed because a lorry couldn't get by. My initial thoughts were...huh...from everything i looked at it was totally fine to park there, and there was plenty of room, however maybe not enough for a large lorry to pass. anyway i had to travel to the other side of the city (bristol) to get my car form the dodgiest looking place ever. I had to pay £150 to get it released and i will have to pay a further £30 for the penalty!

I rang the office who made the decision to tow my car and he said the lorry needed to get by so he had to get it moved - so he got it towed. He said lorries use that area regularly. I was like well there was nothing to indicate this, surely if this is the case there should be signs, markings or at least cones....he said it was a recurrent problem but the council cant mark up everywhere! I was like...why not. If you are going to enforce the law there..make the law clear. As i believe i parked legally, and i still do.

To take this further i have to go to court, so i want to be sure that i will win. So i thought i would try and gain as much thoughts as possible before i proceed. It seems to me that this is a recurrent problem int he area and the council, police and local business are not doing anything about it. So the police and the tow company just make easy money everyday for this. Surely this is completely unjust - i feel that they rely on most people not wanting to take it further as they make so you have to do it through the courts....
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Hang on a minute, who exactly towed you? Who was the penalty charge notice too ? Are there any signs at all there? Is this a CPZ area ? Were you parked by a junction? Have you got receipts for the towing and penalty ticket ?

And please repost this and the reply in a new thread below instead of this ancient one
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    @ Heather Nunney Did this involve BAS Parking Services by any chance?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • hi myself and partner were in mcdonalds having a few coffees and using wifi facilities and we must of been in there for just under 2 hrs and now through the post I have received a charge notice from U.K.P.C for £100 all it says is that they are working in accordance with BPA code of practice. Should I pay this ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You do need to start a new thread as individual cases can be somewhat different and joining an existing thread - especially an ancient one - risks having conflicting and confusing messages relating to multiple cases.

You will get good advice on here, so just copy and paste your post into a brand new thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport