IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Comments

• Try http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30.

It would say if it was CCTV issued, and it would be too late if it were (I think it's 28 days). If the PCN was placed on the car, then they will have a copy and photos, which you can ask for in your appeal.

You must appeal, but get advice from Pepipoo on the approach to take. As you've lost the discount, you have nothing to lose in doing so. You will need to scan and post up the paperwork you have (redacted of personal details).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mikedr wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just received (9/2/13) a fine from the local council parking folk, for an offence in January (5/1/13).
    I am parked over the line in a parking bay - ok their photo shows this. When me and my wife returned to the car there was NO ticket (I think we might have noticed that!) Also their photos show NO ticket on the car. Because of the time I have lost the ability of a reduced penalty. What is my best way forward please? I thought that they had to take a photo of the ticket to prove it had been served. The letter does say an enforcement officer served the PCN, some scroat could have removed it, but more likely I think this might be from a CCTV camera, so saying notice was served is a lie!

Help please!

You have got a Notice to Owner and you must appeal it. This CANNOT be one from a camera if it says that 'a PCN was served by an enforcement officer'. But you can appeal and you may as well go all the way to adjudication as you never had the 'chance' of paying the bribe (discount). Do not ignore any letters and make sure you appeal all the way despite any rejection you may get at first - the penalty does NOT go up and there are no costs for an adjudicator considering your appeal.

You need help and advice to do that successfully, so go to pepipoo as The Slithy Tove says, and post a new topic with pics of all pages of the NTO (just cover your name/address/car reg and PCN number).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi

Between 7.30am-6:30pm the centre of Oxford is only open to buses and bicycles. I drive through the centre of Oxford regularly just before 7.30am.

I have just received a PCN with a photograph of my car, stating I am in a bus lane. The time on the photograph is 7:31am.

I would have entered the restricted area before 7.30am, but just failed to exit the area before this time. The photograph shows me right at the end of the restricted area, having already driven through most of it.

Do I have a leg to stand on to appeal? It seems very unfair, as the area is often very busy and I often let buses go ahead of me, which would hold me back.

Your advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do I have a leg to stand on to appeal? It seems very unfair, as the area is often very busy and I often let buses go ahead of me, which would hold me back.

You really need to start your own thread - This one is solely for discussing a board guide, not individual cases.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    pogofish wrote: »
    You really need to start your own thread - This one is solely for discussing a board guide, not individual cases.

And on the above, here is where to start the new thread - thanks!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Please can someone give me some advice:

I received a Parking Ticket from the Council last year. It was my fault I was overdue. However I'm currently in financial hardship and so I decided to appeal on this basis. I appealed within the correct time frame however I heard nothing back from the council until 4 months later (End of Dec 2012) saying that my appeal had been rejected.

I then stated that the time frame with which they had made me aware of the appeal being unsuccessful was not acceptable and that I wished to appeal it further. The lady told me I would be receiving a letter stating that the initial appeal had been rejected and what to do next.

Again, 2 months later I've not received the same parking ticket again with no mention of the appeal that I'd previously lodged.

Do I have any rights here? Can anyone give me any advice?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    You really need your own thread for this instead of hijacking this one
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • pogofish
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2013 at 3:30PM
    Can anyone give me any advice?

Yes - This has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

You need to do what most posters have been advised to do and start your own thread
  • I have been issued a parking ticket at 11:15 in the morning but I had paid for my parking ticket via RinGo at 14:15 that day.

While I hadn't paid for the parking ticket at the point of the ticket being issued but I still paid the relevant parking charge later that day can they still give me a fine? They have rejected my appeal and I want to understand the likelyhood of winning the appeal if I was going to go to POPLA?
  • pogofish
    Forumite
    starnold44 wrote: »
    I have been issued a parking ticket at 11:15 in the morning but I had paid for my parking ticket via RinGo at 14:15 that day.

While I hadn't paid for the parking ticket at the point of the ticket being issued but I still paid the relevant parking charge later that day can they still give me a fine? They have rejected my appeal and I want to understand the likelyhood of winning the appeal if I was going to go to POPLA?

Start your own thread!

This one is for discussion of a board guide, not individual cases.

And when you do, say who exactly issued the ticket and who it asks you to pay to - RinGo is used by a variety of operators, legal and scammers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure