We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• latinaid
    latinaid Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MockTurtle wrote: »
    I've also had it confirmed that all Standing orders, direct debits and cheques cashed on Natwest or RBS accounts are being processed but are being held pending account status updates. Which means that the system cannot confirm that the funds are available and so will not release the payment. As soon as the account status is updated, the payments will be released.

But surely if your account has an agreed overdraft which would cover the direct debits, then there is no reason for them not to be paid, as in that circumstance it wouldn't matter if your account went overdrawn?
  • princesskez26
    Options
    my employer banks with natwest clearly thats why i havent been paid but would my bank give me some money inreturn?

I think if you can prove your wages are due in ie wage slip they will give you up to £300 so ive read on the posts further back xx
    Member & fundraiser for Meningitis Research Foundation
  • scattykat
    scattykat Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I think if you can prove your wages are due in ie wage slip they will give you up to £300 so ive read on the posts further back xx

Only if you bank with natwest too I think
  • Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Our company bank with HSBC we are Lloyds :(

Ouch, that is why no pay as yet. Someone suggested speaking to your bank's relationship manager and see if they can do anything to help.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I now can't see my statement for the first time. I'm hoping that this is in some way a good sign, but then again...
  • lilac-straw
    lilac-straw Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    I must be one of the lucky ones. I have had no issues with any payments going in or out/transfers balance updates etc but to be on the safe side I am withdrawing any spare funds asap and using cash to pay for petrol, food etc.
  • lolavix
    lolavix Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    Sky news reported Wednesday, all we were told this Morning is that it will be at least all of today

Credits also run on a different system to debits, hence why debits are still showing.
  • ClaireyFairyyy
    Options
    Aww man thats no good it's a chain off BS !! Ill give em a call n see what that can do because i have a payments made every week regularly from the same name and payslips to prove it.
  • anneatkins
    anneatkins Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We still show balance from Tuesday, no wages in yet. My account looks sorted for a minute last night, with one deposit showing, but the other one not, and we transferred and took out cash just in case. Still, would not like it to be a week before payments in are a week old.

I hope everyone can get by in the meanwhile.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cynical me. Does anyone believe this technical glitch explanation?

I have worked in IT involving banking systems. Unless they had some form of update that went wrong or virus/security issue, it has taken them a long time to resolve.

Whatever the cause, it is going to cost a lot of money to sort out in the form of compensation. Just for this short problem, RBS will have to set up a team of probably hundreds of staff, to look at all the complaints they will be receiving.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport