We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes we're lloyds neither of us have our salary paid today, ive read about someone with halifax and barclays with no payments also :(

The banks affected are RBS, Natwest and the Ulster bank. However, if the person paying you is banking with one of those then your money will be held up until the issue is resolved.
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • beebuzz168
    beebuzz168 Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes we're lloyds neither of us have our salary paid today, ive read about someone with halifax and barclays with no payments also :(

Was the company paying your wages paying from a Natwest bank or another one?
  • MockTurtle
    MockTurtle Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Natwest have just told me that they have been 'guaranteed' by their technical people that everything will be back to normal on monday.

I've also had it confirmed that all Standing orders, direct debits and cheques cashed on Natwest or RBS accounts are being processed but are being held pending account status updates. Which means that the system cannot confirm that the funds are available and so will not release the payment. As soon as the account status is updated, the payments will be released.

I've also been told that branches are being authorised to release cash payments in lieu of wages etc if requested by the customer. So if your employer banks with Natwest and wages haven't been released, tell them to speak with their Relationship manager to request cash releases for staff.
  • Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options

I think that is because the company that pay your salary pay it through natwest? Or natwest is their bank etc. Something like that.
  • scattykat
    scattykat Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    News says if due money in today you're not likely to get it today
  • suburbanwifey
    suburbanwifey Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    tjimbson wrote: »
    Guys it's an absolute joke which is affecting everyone, not a small portion of customers.

We're due to exchange contracts on a property this week but due to a local branch error (they never faxed over the documentation to the central mortgage team for a week!) and now this system error we are likely to lose our property and £1000 deposit. All we are being told is 'we cant do anything until the system is back'. They cant bring up any details associated to our mortgage application.

Speaking to a Natwest mortgage advisor he has told me (off the record) he has been instructed to clear his diary until next Wednesday! I think the worst of this issue has yet to come.

My partner banks with Natwest and I can honestly say this is the most unprofessional, unsensitive banking institution I have ever dealt with. For the majority of the last 48 hours I have been sitting on the phone being re-directed to countless Natwest employees, all of which can only sit on their hands and wait. We stand to lose so much due to their negligence and lack of ownership.

I've just been told that no one will get their money until next Wednesday! So, it must be true, I was hoping it wasn't. Seems they are telling the businesses that bank with them and who's staff haven't been paid but lying to the staff. Hubby is a boss so that is why he has been told. I told him to tell his staff as lying to them is not fair, they have rent to pay, food to buy, DD's to pay, he said its more than his job is worth, he's been told to lie to them and tell them it will all be sorted by 4pm today, so that payroll dept. are closed when they find out!
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's strange, because for me Natwest online banking, despite problems during all day yesterday, was finally working yesterday at 9pm. I could see my salary in, I did transfers between accounts and scheduled payments.
    Everything looks normal now, so it seems that the problems aren't really affecting everyone equally now...
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • princesskez26
    Options
    Wyre wrote: »
    The banks affected are RBS, Natwest and the Ulster bank. However, if the person paying you is banking with one of those then your money will be held up until the issue is resolved.

Our company bank with HSBC we are Lloyds :(
    Member & fundraiser for Meningitis Research Foundation
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hapshead wrote: »
    Santander online banking 'Temporarily Unavailable' now.

Working fine for me when I tried 2 minutes ago....still no sign of the maintenance from ex's Natwest account though.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • ClaireyFairyyy
    Options
    my employer banks with natwest clearly thats why i havent been paid but would my bank give me some money inreturn?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport