Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    knewbold wrote: »
    I can tranfer money out of the account to someone elses, who is none natwest - it went in instant

Yes, payments out seem to be working.

Just been reported on BBC News on telly, only a brief mention and sounds like the NatWest statement... 'some customers...' etc..
  • Midzone
    Midzone Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    More rating downgrades for UK Banks this evening expected according to SKY ....... is everyone withdrawing funds from NatWest today?
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    fluffy - they really are contradicting themselves as when I just phoned the message said "some customers are affected" - when I actually spoke to someone and stated that I was ringing to enquire further as I was one of the customers affected the lady stated "it is affecting all customers you are not being singled out"...............
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • dr-nab
    Options
    mitche05 wrote: »
    thats not true.
    I was supposed to be paid today.
    Ive gone to the websites of the people who i needed to pay today, ie american express bill, and tried to make payment to them using my debit card. It gave me a 'payment processing error' and didnt complete due to problems at the card issuer (ie natwest). Tried the same with another bill and same problem.
    I also need to pay a tradesman some cash today - how to do that then?
    and if they have the audacity to say to me 'why cant you use your credit card' i will go mad - because you wont give me said credit card you bunch of idiots!!!

I'm just going on what they at the bank and my staff have told me, one staff member has been to the bank and carried out transactions that they were worried about with no issues.
  • mumof2:D
    mumof2:D Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Midzone wrote: »
    More rating downgrades for UK Banks this evening expected according to SKY ....... is everyone withdrawing funds from NatWest today?

I would withdraw my money but as natwest are showing nothing in their I can't withdraw so no money for food,bills etc and in dire need of electric. Once rectified I will be Withdrawing all amounts and Will be changing banks this weekend as natwest are not helpful at all.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mitche05 wrote: »
    Ive gone to the websites of the people who i needed to pay today, ie american express bill, and tried to make payment to them using my debit card. It gave me a 'payment processing error' and didnt complete due to problems at the card issuer (ie natwest). Tried the same with another bill and same problem.

I've paid a card payment for a bill this morning without any problems, and the account balance immediately changed. That said, there was the balance available to pay it.

However, payments in are not being credited, and I'm going to be stumped tomorrow when I need to pay another bill.
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    dr-nab wrote: »
    Hey everyone I'm new on here but been keeping an eye out for any stories relating to this issue. I'm an employer and use Barclays for all my banking needs that includes paying wages to staff via Barclays Internet Banking. Some employees who bank with Nat West have not been paid today whereas everyone else has.

Now don't panic; I've spoken to a friend who works for Nat West and also a member of staff who banks with them they have confirmed that Nat West are displaying their pay but can't process it properly until their glitch is sorted.

Nat West also said they could access their account and make any withdrawls or payments as normal and these will be processed on the system as normal when the problem is resolved.

Next question though is, bank charges for those that have or risk going overdrawn? I've no idea on that.

Ditto this

I got into work this morning and had my "Natwest" employees chewing my ear, my first panic was "did I actually do the wages?" as I can never remember one day to the next.

A bit of investigating on Natwest website and I found out the problem, why my employees couldn't do this I'll never know instead of giving me heart failure.

BTW I bank with Natwest too and I haven't been paid either.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • umps2008
    Options
    Having been round every employee at my large secondary school employer I can confirm that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who banks with Natwest and RBS have not had their salary credited today so the idea that 'some customers' are affected is absolute rubbish!!!:mad:
  • gracie1989
    Options
    knewbold wrote: »
    I can tranfer money out of the account to someone elses, who is none natwest - it went in instant

Still waiting for my cash to go in so i can pay for my holiday, its made worse because i have a "basic" account, so i cant do anything, and no one will help me!

same here i only have a basic account so in the same place there with no other help
  • madmicky109
    madmicky109 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    my partner has just returned from my local branch and there allowing people to take there money out if its tax/benefits/weekly wage as apperently they have been told the must allow this , still no change on the account it self online or showing up on atm,s but she was able to withdraw cash from inside , been told it should be fixed this afternoon (dont hold your breath though)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure