Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted? - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

UK Hols and Theatre


Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted?

224 replies 244.5K views
1679111223

Replies

  • qetu1357 wrote: »
    Here is the response from the NT

    Dear Sir/Madam

    Thank you for your email.

    I can confirm National Trust is aware of this. I have forwarded your feedback to National Trust.

    They will have a reciprocal visiting arrangement but the New Zealand member won't receive our thrice yearly magazines, the handbook or receive a car sticker, they are unable to park in our car parks for free.

    On behalf of the National Trust, thank you for notifying us.

    Kind Regards,

    Katie Smith
    Membership Department

    This reads to me - as they aware of it, they know it goes on, but they aren't going to do anything about it currently.

    They also are argue that you are missing out on added value by not having a UK membership.

    But, note, you cannot park for free, so make sure on your next visit you at least pay for the parking - not leave a book on the dashboard.
  • Or maybe look on the back of your nz nt membership card. As you don't and won't have one you won't know what it's says!
    But thanks for clearing it up, as always,my conscience is clear.
  • Just to clarify, I've never done or ever told anyone to leave a book on the dashboard to gain free entry. I use an old nt book for reference on properties.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you inference in post 27 is clear to everyone.
  • dazzer68 wrote: »
    Or maybe look on the back of your nz nt membership card. As you don't and won't have one you won't know what it's says!
    But thanks for clearing it up, as always,my conscience is clear.

    The NT say your card is NOT valid for parking see my previous post. And see your post

    "For the last four years we have used the new zealand national trust, which is valid here. For the two of us its $60 ,about £30. Theres a $ 10 postage fee, but still heck of a lot cheaper than the national trust here. Yes i would love o support the english one, but the price is just silly, and they are always bleating on about how they need more money, yet they are the Uks biggest landowner.
    We have never had truoble using the ticket, in either visiting properties or parking. Hope that helps."

    The NT don't say that what you are doing is right and fair

    I suggest your conscience needs developing...........
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • If you can read the back of the NEW ZEALAND card the information is there.
  • roddydogs wrote: »
    I think you inference in post 27 is clear to everyone.

    That was a reply to a previous post, who didn't know where their local properties were. Your hardly going to leave a nt handbook from 2006 and expect to get in free???
  • qetu1357 wrote: »

    The NT don't say that what you are doing is right and fair

    They also don't say it's fraudulent (?) deceitful and morally wrong. Otherwise they would be stopping it.
    This is a money saving website and some people's ideas of money saving may be different to others. You may agree or disagree, but the fact is you are allowed to join the New Zealand trust, you are allowed to use it in uk properties of both the national trust and English heritage, and on some properties you may be asked to pay for parking, (i have yet to be asked after 6 years) those are the facts, nothing to do with being morally right or wrong, no one is here to be judge, and certainly not be you qetu, who's morals waver at your convenience. I really think nothing else can be said, but I'll hand the last word over to you.
  • dazzer68 wrote: »
    They also don't say it's fraudulent (?) deceitful and morally wrong. Otherwise they would be stopping it.
    This is a money saving website and some people's ideas of money saving may be different to others. You may agree or disagree, but the fact is you are allowed to join the New Zealand trust, you are allowed to use it in uk properties of both the national trust and English heritage, and on some properties you may be asked to pay for parking, (i have yet to be asked after 6 years) those are the facts, nothing to do with being morally right or wrong, no one is here to be judge, and certainly not be you qetu, who's morals waver at your convenience. I really think nothing else can be said, but I'll hand the last word over to you.

    Thanks dazzer.

    By the very fact they don't say it is right to do infers they think it is not right to do.



    My morals don't waver - you keep on refering to my interaction with Sky as evidence.

    This is the shortened version of my interaction with sky

    I phoned Sky (That's Sky in the UK, not the NZ BTW)
    My equipment is not working.
    We will send out an engineer to fix - £75.
    OK, I'll cancel and take out Virgin instead.
    We will send out the engineer for free.

    Last word?

    There is money saving and there is ethics and morality. Yours is so obviously wrong and the sad thing - unlike other posters - is you cannot see it.
  • beefturnmailbeefturnmail Forumite
    822 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    qetu1357 wrote: »
    Thanks dazzer.


    Last word?

    There is money saving and there is ethics and morality. Yours is so obviously wrong and the sad thing - unlike other posters - is you cannot see it.

    If it's so 'obviously' wrong, why have you been unable to construct a sound argument to demonstrate this?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support