Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted? - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre


Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted?

224 replies 243.5K views
17810121323

Replies

  • If it's so 'obviously' wrong, why have you been unable to construct a sound argument to demonstrate this?

    Perhaps because some people cannot see what is right and wrong, whatever is put in front of them?

    If i is such a good and fair deal why hasn't MSE added it to the NT deals

    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-days-out/national-trust

    Why not, because it stinks................
  • beefturnmailbeefturnmail Forumite
    821 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    But it is merely your opinion of what is right and wrong. Why is your opinion more "right" than anyone else's?

    It is not illegal, which is society's way of coming to a consensus among differing opinions of what is "wrong".
  • qetu1357 wrote: »
    Perhaps because some people cannot see what is right and wrong, whatever is put in front of them?

    If i is such a good and fair deal why hasn't MSE added it to the NT deals

    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-days-out/national-trust

    Why not, because it stinks................

    In your opinion.
  • But it is merely your opinion of what is right and wrong. Why is your opinion more "right" than anyone else's?

    It is not illegal, which is society's way of coming to a consensus among differing opinions of what is "wrong".

    Is it right? Is it wrong?

    Why doesn't MSE add it to the NT deals then if it is a right thing to do?

    Because it is beyond the pale...............
  • dazzer68 wrote: »
    In your opinion.

    Absolutely.

    And my opinion obviously occupies a higher ground than yours.

    Once again, one doesn't MSE have on it's Wednesday emails and the NT page itself

    "Save money on a NT membership, take out a NZ membership"

    because it stinks plain and simple.
  • edited 27 September 2012 at 12:04PM
    beefturnmailbeefturnmail Forumite
    821 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 September 2012 at 12:04PM
    qetu1357 wrote: »
    Absolutely.


    Once again, one doesn't MSE have on it's Wednesday emails and the NT page itself

    "Save money on a NT membership, take out a NZ membership"

    Probably because they don't know about it - they don't have every deal and loophole possible on there.

    It also wouldn't be saving money on NT membership (you are still failing to grasp the subtleties of this). Buying NZ Historic Trust membership gives you membership to the NZ Historic Trust, one of the benefits of which is access to NT properties (and English Heritage properties and various other properties throughout the world). It does not give you NT membership and all the benfits that entails (such as free car parking at NT properties, the regular magazine, the NT book of properties etc. etc.)
  • Beefturnmill.....some people will just grind you down. He/she won't ever get it.
  • dazzer68 wrote: »
    Beefturnmill.....some people will just grind you down. He/she won't ever get it.


    And some people will not just admit they are in the wrong.

    If you had pointed out that I was doing something so dodgy then I would feel ashamed.

    You evidently don't.
  • Probably because they don't know about it - they don't have every deal and loophole possible on there.

    It also wouldn't be saving money on NT membership (you are still failing to grasp the subtleties of this). Buying NZ Historic Trust membership gives you membership to the NZ Historic Trust, one of the benefits of which is access to NT properties (and English Heritage properties and various other properties throughout the world). It does not give you NT membership and all the benfits that entails (such as free car parking at NT properties, the regular magazine, the NT book of properties etc. etc.)

    Yawn.

    It's a way of getting access to UK NT properties without paying the UK membership fee. Hence it reduces how much a charity (repeat a charity) gets.

    It stinks and will never appear as a legitamate deal on MSE because it stinks so much.
  • qetu1357 wrote: »
    And some people will not just admit they are in the wrong.

    If you had pointed out that I was doing something so dodgy then I would feel ashamed.

    You evidently don't.

    We are going over old wounds here... If all parties involved, ie national trust uk, and New Zealand historic trust, and all the other national trust type companies around the world, who have an agreement to do this, then what is so wrong? Honestly I'm not sure what your point is, you obviously don't agree with it, but its allowed and agreed on, by all those involved. If I was doing anything illegal, fraudulent or deceitful, I wouldn't do it, but everyone involved knows the situation. We are all consenting ADULTS.
    You have yet to 'point out anything dodgy'.
    Qetu, just don't join, it's really that simple, and keep your very polished morals intact.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support