Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Strange - I've just had a look at this page http://www.krbs.co.uk/directvarunder25.aspx and it says
    Apologies, I checked out http://www.krbs.co.uk/variablerateunder25.aspx
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Going to open a Principality account now, anyone want to stop me please? :D
  • owitemisermusa
    Options
    I am shocked that First Direct have dropped the interest of their e-ISA to 2.5% AER!!!

Where can one park the cash that's now well and truly languishing with them? All the fixed rate ISAs seem to have evaporated!

Not Nationwide or Halifax. Any others?

Also wondering if it's good to judge a bank on track record of rate changes...
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
  • CYPER
    CYPER Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am shocked that First Direct have dropped the interest of their e-ISA to 2.5% AER!!!

Where can one park the cash that's now well and truly languishing with them? All the fixed rate ISAs seem to have evaporated!

Not Nationwide or Halifax. Any others?

Also wondering if it's good to judge a bank on track record of rate changes...
    What's wrong with Bradford & Bingley 1 Year Fixed Rate ISA 4 - 6.25% :confused:
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    CYPER wrote: »
    What's wrong with Bradford & Bingley 1 Year Fixed Rate ISA 4 - 6.25% :confused:
    It doesn't allow inward transfers during the fixed rate period, so not much use for transferring existing FD Cash ISA funds - http://www.bradford-bingley.co.uk/_img/savings/eISA_Issue4_TermsConditions__B20808.pdf
    Transfers In
    4.4.1 Transfers in are not allowed during the Account Term.
    4.4.2 After the Account Term you can request the balance of existing cash ISAs held in your name to be transferred into the Account. Such requests must be made in writing using the dedicated ‘Transfer In’ form on the web-site. Your transfer in will be managed by the Bradford & Bingley eSavings unit on your behalf.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC E-Isa is now 4.25% as of today :o

I like the look of transferring to Scottish Widow 6% one but should i wait a bit longer to see if it drops?
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • LucyTheDwarf
    Options
    I am disappointed at the rate drop for HSBC's e-ISA to 4.25% :( I know it's been coming a long time, but it's still not nice when it happens :(
    Target Cash Net Worth: £25K by January 2012
    Progress
    May-08
    19.0%; May-09 40.0%; May-10 63.0%; May-11 58.4%; Jun-11 58.5%; Jul-11 58.9%; Aug-11 58.7%; Sep-11 59.0%
  • drsue_2
    drsue_2 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I think the only one remaining is Halifax, but they don't fix the rate at the time you apply, but when the transfers completes (~3 weeks) and about to change the current rate on the 17th (not confirmed info from another thread)

Apparently that's not the case. Have just spoken to the Halifax and you can have the rate from when you applied ( ie today in my hubbies case) or when funds paid in - they will pay whichever is the higher rate on either day..
    He also confirmed rates are going dowm on Monday 17th.
  • BiggaThanBen
    Options
    drsue wrote: »
    Apparently that's not the case. Have just spoken to the Halifax and you can have the rate from when you applied ( ie today in my hubbies case) or when funds paid in - they will pay whichever is the higher rate on either day..
    He also confirmed rates are going dowm on Monday 17th.

In fact it is, if you are opening it by transfer from another bank:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Transferring to a fixed rate ISA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If you ask to transfer to our fixed rate ISA, interest rates may change before the transfer has been completed.[/FONT]

http://www.halifax.co.uk/isas/transferringyourisa.asp

This was also confirmed by adviser in branch ..

p.s. I apllied for NR's fixed one, the rate is a bit less than Halifax, but they guarantee the rate given at the time of application ..
    All my life my mother told me the storm was coming (c) Terminator 3
  • drsue_2
    drsue_2 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Well, both my husband and myself have been told by 2 different advisers ( over the phone) on different days this week that they WILL guarantee the rate as of today,as our accounts are now open . (We do already have an account with the halifax and so have even been given sort codes/account numbers today over the phone so our accounts are open now with a 0 balance.) This will apply as long as the funds arrive within 60 days of account opening..
    Maybe they are applying different rules for ICESAVE customers?

Am only going by what we have been told. Information was volunteered both times by the adviser - as if reading off a crib sheet

Maybe if you don't get your funds to them in the 60 days that the "may change rate " rule then applies?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback