We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can store 50 messages! If getting a dozen makes your inbox full, then you need to archive some old stuff. ;)

I think it's a great idea to add sections for younger, and older, savers. Many readers of this guide will fall into one or other of the two categories, and it's a shame if they opt for "standard" products when something better value is available.

Well done for attempting to keep this guide up-to-date - I can imagine that it's a nightmare at the moment.
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    *bump* :)

just hoping this will get updated soon as lots of rates are changing today, or already have.

thanks Kazza
  • smurfetteRD
    Options
    hi I've just been looking at ISA's... turns out I've started looking at the worst possible time as a lot of the rates offered on here have dropped today due to BoE's interest rate cut!!

Can anyone suggest a good one, or tell me which post # to look at???
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    hi I've just been looking at ISA's... turns out I've started looking at the worst possible time as a lot of the rates offered on here have dropped today due to BoE's interest rate cut!!

Can anyone suggest a good one, or tell me which post # to look at???

http://www.krbs.co.uk/saveinterest.aspx#directvar

5.76% at the moment
  • smurfetteRD
    Options
    thanks for that alared... just looked on the website and it says the rate is currently under review, and phone line's constantly busy, so might leave it a few days to let the market settle down (and to recover from my cold).

Not good doing maths with a clogged head!!
  • alared
    Options
    Not surprised that rates are under review,been held since 1st March 08.
    I`ve been with them for a few years now and they are pretty consistant and fair regarding rates.

Don`t know how old you are but they also do an under 25`s ISA
    http://www.krbs.co.uk/directvarunder25.aspx
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's the problem with a variable ISA. It changed today
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KRBS 4.26%; under 25s 4.76% wef today.

An awful lot of rates have changed today. Principality 4.05% as well if nobody's already pointed that out.

MHBS is definitely changing too, but they aren't announcing how much yet - I phoned them this morning.

It would be helpful, kazza, if you showed the date each rate is effective. I know it's more work, but in the current rate environment it's the only way to judge whether the last rate decrease (or two) have been reflected. Alternatively some symbols to show this would be very clever! (Maybe a down arrow for one rate change not yet reflected, two down arrows for two?).
  • alared
    Options
    A pretty savage cut by K&R but probably still one of the leaders.
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a reason why the Halifax fixed rate isa isn't shown on here ? Seems reasonable for a year at 5% or 5.50% if you have over £30k

http://www.halifax.co.uk/isas/fixedrateisa.asp
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure