Comments

• slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2010 said:
    slinger2 said:
    CuparLad said:
    I managed to grab the Skipton 18-month at 4.75% and have a month to fund it. I have the Coventry Limited Access at 5.05% which is holding some funds, and the balance of a maturing fix currently with Paragon at 4.95% (after transferring the rest to a Close Brothers fix at 5.05%). I'm still going to move both to the Skipton as it guarantees me 4.75% until Oct'25. Rates will go down this year and whilst it looks like I'm foregoing up to 0.3% now, I figure that between now and Oct'25, overall I will be better off. It's really about whether you value long-term certainty or short-term returns.
    and how likely it is that you'll need access to the money in the next 18 months.
    All fixed rate cash ISA have access to them but at a cost.
    I`m moving to Skipton 18m 4.75% tomorrow.
    Indeed. And the cost is relatively modest when the alternative might be borrowing that money. Of course this is priced into the product, which is why the fixed rate ISAs generally have lower rates than the corresponding non-ISA.
    2010 Posts: 5,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 April at 6:31PM
    Options
    slinger2 said:
    2010 said:
    slinger2 said:
    CuparLad said:
    I managed to grab the Skipton 18-month at 4.75% and have a month to fund it. I have the Coventry Limited Access at 5.05% which is holding some funds, and the balance of a maturing fix currently with Paragon at 4.95% (after transferring the rest to a Close Brothers fix at 5.05%). I'm still going to move both to the Skipton as it guarantees me 4.75% until Oct'25. Rates will go down this year and whilst it looks like I'm foregoing up to 0.3% now, I figure that between now and Oct'25, overall I will be better off. It's really about whether you value long-term certainty or short-term returns.
    and how likely it is that you'll need access to the money in the next 18 months.
    All fixed rate cash ISA have access to them but at a cost.
    I`m moving to Skipton 18m 4.75% tomorrow.
    Indeed. And the cost is relatively modest when the alternative might be borrowing that money. Of course this is priced into the product, which is why the fixed rate ISAs generally have lower rates than the corresponding non-ISA.
    Indeed. But you would need to get almost 6% non ISA to get 4.75,%. Which is not available. I think the best you can get is 5.17%. It doesn't take much to drag you into savings tax these days.😮
  • ortolickus
    ortolickus Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I set up a 1 year Shawbrook ISA (4.76%) last month to transfer in my balance from my 1 year Santander ISA (4.15%) maturing on 1.5.24.
    Today i got a message from Shawbrook telling me that their request had been accepted by Santander and that the transfer should take place within the next 15 working days! My thoughts are: why on earth should it take this long, what rate of interest am I to be paid during this period and by whom? Is this normal?
    It seems that the money is still in my Santander account but the rate has changed to1.2%.  It is also shown as 1.2% in their list of no longer available accounts, which is rather worrying as I'm not sure whether I have any confirmation from Santander of the original rate of 4.15%.
    Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? Thanks.

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I set up a 1 year Shawbrook ISA (4.76%) last month to transfer in my balance from my 1 year Santander ISA (4.15%) maturing on 1.5.24.
    Today i got a message from Shawbrook telling me that their request had been accepted by Santander and that the transfer should take place within the next 15 working days! My thoughts are: why on earth should it take this long, what rate of interest am I to be paid during this period and by whom? Is this normal?
    It seems that the money is still in my Santander account but the rate has changed to1.2%.  It is also shown as 1.2% in their list of no longer available accounts, which is rather worrying as I'm not sure whether I have any confirmation from Santander of the original rate of 4.15%.

Your Santander ISA matures today. Presumably you didn't want them to action the transfer early (you would have been charged a penalty if so). 

15 days is the time allowed by the regulations for transfers of ISAs. That's why they quote that period. But it's likely it will happen in a day or two between Santander and Shawbrook. 
  • changearound1
    changearound1 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

15 days is the upper limit for how long an ISA transfer should take and is a throwback to the days when these things were done by post. Nowadays most providers, including Santander and Shawbrook, can do a transfer electronically so it shouldn't take anything like 15 days. A bit of admin is involved for both sender and receiver  so the transfer won't be instant but it'll probably be done by the end of the week.
    I imagine the 1.2% is the interest rate now that your Santander ISA has matured.
  • pookey
    pookey Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi 
    Is there another thread that discusses ISA that allow transfer in please? And possibly flexible too depending on the rate 😊
    2010 Posts: 5,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pookey said:
    Hi 
    Is there another thread that discusses ISA that allow transfer in please? And possibly flexible too depending on the rate 😊
    Each ISA has this info in their T&C. so no thread that I know of.

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    pookey said:
    Hi 
    The first few posts of this threads list the best paying ISAs including whether they allow transfers and/or are flexible. 
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

15 days is the upper limit for how long an ISA transfer should take and is a throwback to the days when these things were done by post. Nowadays most providers, including Santander and Shawbrook, can do a transfer electronically so it shouldn't take anything like 15 days. A bit of admin is involved for both sender and receiver  so the transfer won't be instant but it'll probably be done by the end of the week.
    I imagine the 1.2% is the interest rate now that your Santander ISA has matured.
    OH requested transfer in to Zopa a week ago, their estimated transfer in date is the 20th May, despite the fact that they only deal with transfers in from others that operate electronic transfers.  Zopa haven't even requested the transfer from the existing provider yet and are being a real pain in the proverbial.  Customer Service virtually non existent and when it is, it is appalling.
  • changearound1
    changearound1 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    10_66 said:

OH requested transfer in to Zopa a week ago, their estimated transfer in date is the 20th May, despite the fact that they only deal with transfers in from others that operate electronic transfers.  Zopa haven't even requested the transfer from the existing provider yet and are being a real pain in the proverbial.  Customer Service virtually non existent and when it is, it is appalling.

Is it a fixed rate ISA that hasn't matured? If it's easy access then that timescale is ridiculous.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback