Options

Comments

• flobbalobbalob
    flobbalobbalob Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 7 May at 10:17PM
    Options
    10_66 said:
    Transferring 08 sort code Virgin ISA to Zopa.
    5 working days so far !
    OH still waiting for YBS to Zopa, 7 working days.  Zopa didn't even request the transfer until last Friday, so not YBS holding up.  Zopa are really slow, and customer service is abysmal.  I guess too many people doing the ISA musical chairs.
    Ok thanks, hopefully Zopa is better than Virgin. How do you know when the transfer is requested ? I keep looking for a message on Virgin.

Edit - Zopa sent an email immediately after I made the request quote:
    "We just wanted to confirm that we’ve received your ISA transfer in request and are working on it.
    "
    I assumed that maybe they were not doing it electronically.

2010 Posts: 5,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Shawbrook received the request to transfer out first thing on Friday 3rd May.
    Because of the bank holiday it`s now only the third working day (that`s 24/7 banking for you) if they count the day they received the request.
    From past experience they seem to wait five working days after the request and then transfer electronically.
    Which will either be this Friday or next Monday.
    I can`t see why any of them that are part of the electronic transfer system can`t just do it as soon as the rquest comes in.
    Is it, shortage of staff
    a backlog of requests
    or deliberately held back for their gain.
  • CuparLad
    CuparLad Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Shout out to the Building Society sector. I submitted an online transfer request in to Skipton from Coventry on Bank Holiday Monday. Yesterday the Pending Transfer status in the Skipton App was updated with the expected amount and today the funds arrived. Less than 48 hours from start to finish. I'm sure others may not have had such a smooth experience, but I certainly can't complain.
  • flobbalobbalob
    flobbalobbalob Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Transferring 08 sort code Virgin ISA to Zopa.
    6 working days so far !
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 May at 8:47PM
    Options
    I've just had this email from Trading 212. It seems they're going to be launching a cash ISA:

EDIT: I've just looked at the updated Ts&Cs. It says they can reduce the interest rate subject to a notice period of only one day.
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    5.2% would put it just above the Moneybox one (5.15% with the previous bonus still applied). Though with that notice period and the fact they're a new entrant looking to capture some "market leading" headlines and "top of the table" press, perhaps it won't stay that competitive.

Your snip above says the T&C changes will come into effect on 8th June, so is that when the ISA will launch?
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It might launch just in time before the MPC meeting on 20th of June, which is being speculated could be the first rate cut this year with anticipation it is held once again tomorrow.
  • pokemaster
    pokemaster Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don’t they already have an ISA at 5.2% daily?
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, a non flexible S&S ISA but not a Cash ISA, which they now announced and to make both flexible. 

Further discussions here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80661978
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There will be differences between the S&S ISA and new Cash ISA. The Cash ISA has "£85,000 FSCS protection" according to the email. Also: "We will hold your Cash ISA cash in segregated Regular Bank Deposits and Term Deposits with banks, as detailed in our Invest Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not use QMMFs to hold money that you have contributed to your Cash ISA."

Although the interest rate for the Cash ISA is initially the same as that offered for pounds in the S&S ISA (that's the current plan anyway) there's no reason why the two should remain aligned. You might expect the Cash ISA to pay a somewhat lower rate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback