Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10_66 said:

15 days is the upper limit for how long an ISA transfer should take and is a throwback to the days when these things were done by post. Nowadays most providers, including Santander and Shawbrook, can do a transfer electronically so it shouldn't take anything like 15 days. A bit of admin is involved for both sender and receiver  so the transfer won't be instant but it'll probably be done by the end of the week.
    I imagine the 1.2% is the interest rate now that your Santander ISA has matured.
    OH requested transfer in to Zopa a week ago, their estimated transfer in date is the 20th May, despite the fact that they only deal with transfers in from others that operate electronic transfers.  Zopa haven't even requested the transfer from the existing provider yet and are being a real pain in the proverbial.  Customer Service virtually non existent and when it is, it is appalling.

Is it a fixed rate ISA that hasn't matured? If it's easy access then that timescale is ridiculous.
    Not fixed rate, it's their Smart(?) Saver ISA.  It is ridiculous, but Zopa are very happy with it.
  • Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pookey said:
    Hi 
    Is there another thread that discusses ISA that allow transfer in please? And possibly flexible too depending on the rate 😊
    Go to moneyfacts and use the filtering to find what you need:

https://moneyfactscompare.co.uk/isa/easy-access-cash-isas/
  • jak22
    jak22 Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New issues of Shawbrook fixes - some now lead the first page list by 0.01% but the 5YR is now 4.07%,

With the previous issue only open a short time this will be a test of the statement in the Key Product Information "Please note that the Bank reserves the right to withdraw this product at any time. If the product is withdrawn, you can continue to put more money into your account until the expiry of the fixed term"  compared with the confirmation email "Deposits can be made into your account until the product is withdrawn. You can check whether the product has been withdrawn by looking at the “Withdrawn Products” section of our website"

An article about transfer time on maturity https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-13363027/Shawbrook-didnt-transfer-cash-Isa-paid-just-0-1-taken-advantage-me.html

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 May at 10:57PM
    Options
    jak22 said:
    New issues of Shawbrook fixes - some now lead the first page list by 0.01% but the 5YR is now 4.07%,

With the previous issue only open a short time this will be a test of the statement in the Key Product Information "Please note that the Bank reserves the right to withdraw this product at any time. If the product is withdrawn, you can continue to put more money into your account until the expiry of the fixed term"  compared with the confirmation email "Deposits can be made into your account until the product is withdrawn. You can check whether the product has been withdrawn by looking at the “Withdrawn Products” section of our website"

An article about transfer time on maturity https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-13363027/Shawbrook-didnt-transfer-cash-Isa-paid-just-0-1-taken-advantage-me.html

It won't be the first test - I added £20k to an 'off sale' Shawb 5.78% fixed ISA last tax year that started life 6 months earlier with a transfer-in. The downside is there was only just over 6 months to go.

2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Paragon have got their double access cash ISA @ 4.95% open for anyone to apply again.
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 May at 10:33AM
    Options
    for the ability to fund later on in the year and not now due to lack of funds, can you deposit £1 in the shawbrook fixed rate 2 year ISA and hold the 4.61% rate? appreciate won't get the 4.61% until deposit £1000, thats not my query.

also on same idea can Mr nomorekids fund with small nominal amount now with virgin 1 year issue 12 fix at 5.05%? and hold the rate for later on in the year?

asking because there is only a few days left to pile in what I can to the virgin issue 11 and will have further funds later in the year but not now for the rest of our ISA allowances.
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 May at 10:55AM
    Options
    for the ability to fund later on in the year and not now due to lack of funds, can you deposit £1 in the shawbrook fixed rate 2 year ISA and hold the 4.61% rate? appreciate won't get the 4.61% until deposit £1000, thats not my query.

also on same idea can Mr nomorekids fund with small nominal amount now with virgin 1 year issue 12 fix at 5.05%? and hold the rate for later on in the year?

asking because there is only a few days left to pile in what I can to the virgin issue 11 and will have further funds later in the year but not now for the rest of our ISA allowances.
    Shawbrook are one of only a small handful of providers who allow you to continue to contribute throughout the duration of the fixed rate period. Virgin aren't one of them AFAIK, in which case you won't be able to do that with Virgin as you'll have a limited funding window for deposits.

With Shawbrook, you'll presumably need to pay in the minimum required to keep the account open so look for mention of this in the account T&C's. 

You mentioned also paying into a Virgin issue 11 ISA ? If you check the other threads on this subject, I believe Shawbrook are stating that you can't pay current year subscriptions into an ISA with a different provider if you open an ISA with them for the same reason (despite the ISA rule changes). How they can insist on this or police it is anyone's guess, however.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May at 11:41AM
    Options

"If the money in your account falls below the minimum amount, we have the right to close the account. We will give you at least 14 days’ notice before doing this. You can generally pay in more money to bring the balance up to the minimum amount during that time, but you may not be able to do this if the relevant product has been withdrawn under condition 2.6."

Page 6, Min & Max balances: personal-savings-account-terms-and-conditions-022024.pdf (shawbrook.co.uk)
  • jak22
    jak22 Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May at 12:19PM
    Options
    There's nothing I've seen to support "Shawbrook are stating that you can't pay current year subscriptions into an ISA with a different provider if you open an ISA with them",

their declaration rightly says "
    I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, more than the overall subscription limit of £20,000 in total to any ISAs in the same tax year 2024/2025"

and they say "You can have more than one cash ISA in a single tax year, but only one with Shawbrook."

so unlike their fixed rate accounts you can't open another issue that comes along with a better rate, but there is this option "If you change your mind and wish to cancel your application to open an account, you may do so at any time within the first fourteen calendar days from the opening date of your account"
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Also, Shawbrook seems to be taking extra time for transfers out trying to hold on to your cash for as long as possible even if they are signed up to the electronic transfer scheme, which really isn't an excuse for taking ages.

The 15 day rule should be reformed to 2 days for electronic transfer and the 15 days can stay for non electronic transfers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback