Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    There's a simple answer to that ... they'd rather that you use their (less comprehensive) ISA page, as if you open an account via that page, MSE get paid by the banks!

This thread gives them no income.

So much for "fighting your corner".

Well if they won't sticky it, we'll just have to keep bumping it, won't we? ;-D
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I appreciate it's a bit cheeky but is there any chance post #1 (the one I - and many others, I am sure - always go to when selecting where to place or move my ISA cash) can include whether accounts can be managed online and/or by post and/or at a branch?

I've just spent ages waiting for SAGA to answer only to find the 4%/3 years A/C I was considering is postal only and, as I want online management, I had to dismiss that as soon as the operator told me.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The AA have now closed their Access ISA (3.35%). THEIR WEBSITE states that it will be available again wef 6 April, but it doesn't say what the interest rate will be.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    I appreciate it's a bit cheeky but is there any chance post #1 (the one I - and many others, I am sure - always go to when selecting where to place or move my ISA cash) can include whether accounts can be managed online and/or by post and/or at a branch?

I've just spent ages waiting for SAGA to answer only to find the 4%/3 years A/C I was considering is postal only and, as I want online management, I had to dismiss that as soon as the operator told me.

Hi Heinz,

I have plans to add information on how each fixed rate ISA is managed. At present, I can't add this info to the current list because the MSE forum restricts each post to a maximum 25,000 characters. The first post is very near the limit.

Later in the year I plan to create a new 'Best ISAs' thread with separate posts for each ISA category. As the maximum character limit will no longer be a problem, I'll then be able to include additional info on each ISA.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Kazza. Your considerable efforts are much appreciated.
    Shame that so many people still start alternate threads with questions such as "What's the best ISA for ..."
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Where would many of us be without all Kazza's hard work on this thread? :beer: It's the first place I always check - and I bet loads of others do as well.

Kazza - just to remind you that you are appreciated - however many times the official MSE people try to ignore this thread. Thanks again. :T
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 1 April 2011 at 1:25PM
    Options
    Launched for next tax year:

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/savings-and-investments/cash-isas.aspx

All fixed rate to 31st May. No transfers in allowed.

3.1% until 2012

3.25% until 2012 (if member for at least 5 years)

4.15% until 2014

5% until 2016
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Hold on tight everyone, I'm bumping the thread up again so its close to the top.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,091 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick question, if I'm applying by post for a cash ISA, I need to send a cheque made out to myself, is it OK if it is drawn on my spouse's bank account?

(I did ring Birmingham Midshires to ask them, but their office shut at 1pm today, not open til monday.)
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 April 2011 at 5:47PM
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Quick question, if I'm applying by post for a cash ISA, I need to send a cheque made out to myself, is it OK if it is drawn on my spouse's bank account?

(I did ring Birmingham Midshires to ask them, but their office shut at 1pm today, not open til monday.)

Their website says they're open Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm, 0845 602 2828. Have just checked on that number and they said that the cheque can be from someone elses account, but I must admit I thought it would have had to come from your own account.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback