We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List
Comments
-
I'm wondering if anyone has records of what the best 1 year ISAs were paying around about Sept 2023 or a bit before that if higher (this is when BoE base rate peaked). I seem to recall they were approx 5.5% so 0.25% above BoE base rate. I'm trying to work out if current rates have already taken into account a likely 0.5% to 1% base rate increase over the next 6 to 12 months. If I'm right that good 1 year ISA rates were only about 0.25% above base rate, then it looks like 1 year rates will have already taken into account a nearly 1% increase, so must be near their peak.
If my logic is completely wrong, please tell me.
0 -
The wayback machine has your answer: web.archive.org/web/20230901214340/https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa/
It was 5.78% at Shawbrook with UBL hot on its heels.
However, at different times cash ISA rates have been above and below expected rates by different amounts. There was a time when they were routinely lower than non-ISA rates.
To me it looks like there is plenty of competition to drive rates up promptly as base rate expectations rise. There was talk not so long ago (start of the Iran crisis) about several rises this year.
2 -
Vanquis are fine. I've got a fix I transferred in a while back, no problems there. Also have this years ISA allowance in their triple access flexible, never needed to access for withdrawals yet, so can't give any feedback there. As mentioned, you have to include transfer in when applying. Further transfers at a later date have to be by post.
1 -
re Zopa Cash ISA 1yr fix
I’d opened with intention of transferring in matured funds from elsewhere.
That was back on August 25th and they’re still not accepting transfers in. They really should advise in advance of opening that they aren’t at present accepting in ISA transfers.
I opened and transferred elsewhere2 -
They absolutely should, plus Moneyfacts need to amend their screed as it clearly states transfers are allowed when you look at Zopa ISA product specs
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards