We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List
Comments
-
Yes I do get the impression that for some this perennial rate chasing for a couple of basis points is more about visceral thrills, than any real material reward.
Each to their own I suppose.
I would rather get that thrill by trawling through auction rooms, antique fairs and warehouses searching for that 'sleeper' item overlooked by professional dealers.
My getting the best returns on cash and investments ( without excessive efforts) facilitates that goal.
2 -
Yes I won't be touching them again. Make sure you complain though…..
1 -
I did Chip to Monument a couple of weeks ago and it took 24 hours. This was the old Chip mind not the Smart ISA.
0 -
Just for information for Prosper ISA holders. I tried to transfer some previous year funds from Prosper to new WestBrom ISA only to be informed by Prosper that they only allow transfer of the whole ISA holding. That is not mentioned in their Cash ISA summary doc. On further investigation I found it was mentioned under the heading What's a Cash ISA? which I hadn't read, as I know what a Cash ISA is. Luckily WestBrom seems to have let me change the transfer instruction to move funds from a different ISA. Fingers crossed.
I'll need to shift the whole Prosper somewhere more flexible so that I can split the funds if I need to.
0 -
Have just received an email from Hodge Bank about their latest 1 year Fixed Rate Cash ISA offer.
4.86% AER, minimum £1000, transfers in not accepted.
1 -
I've opened the latest Shawbrook 1 yr fix (4.83%) but I cant find anything about a 90 day funding window… looks like they might have withdrawn that option now?
Also having opted to NOT transfer in during the account opening process there seems to be no option in the account to transfer in once the account is open. I now have a long list of abandoned 1 year fixes!
0 -
"You can fund your account within 90 days after opening. We’ll close it if it remains unfunded by this time"
"Transfers from other ISA providers, including funds from previous tax years, are permitted subject to the account being open for new funding"
Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?0 -
It was mentioned a few pages back that you can give transfer instructions through secure messaging.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/82142797/#Comment_82142797
1 -
Chip
I’ve never heard there’s such thing called Smart ISA until now. By definition the only key difference should only be that it’s a digital product, but based on our experience it seems like a clever invention by Chip to create more obstacles for people to move money out. Smart indeed!
Chip finally confirmed yesterday they agreed to move the money to Shawbrook but it still hasn’t happened, and the wait goes on…
0 -
Close Brothers
I've been looking at the 2 year fix, 5%. Minimum deposit is £10K. Can this all be transferred in balances? I'm not sure from reading the summary document.
TIA
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
