We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List
Comments
-
many have restricted amount of withdrawals
Do you mean number of withdrawals, rather than amounts? AFAIK, all ISA providers must allow you to withdraw your total balance, albeit can levy a charge if you withdraw from a fixed term ISA before maturity. This would be clearly specified in the T&Cs.
0 -
Most limited access ISAs restrict the number of withdrawals (usually between 1 and 4). One account which works a bit differently is Barclays which restricts you to 1 withdrawal of up to 10% of the total balance.
Of course, being ISAs you are able to withdraw the whole balance, but may have to pay a penalty if you have used your allotted number of withdrawals.
0 -
Yes I did and have edited my post, thanks for letting me know.
1 -
Here's the setup confirmation page in the Zopa app, can I assume that the reference to variable interest rate is just a mistake/typo?
0 -
The term is certainly fixed. Looking at the app and the website I can’t see any reference to the rate being fixed. I would check with them before proceeding.
1 -
Think it's a typo.
If you look at the page before in the app where it shows different length isa products, it says the rate is fixed.
1 -
If you ask their AI chatbot, it confirms that it's a fixed rate.
1 -
Quite a lot of references to the rate being fixed on this page
A quick enquiry to their chatbot gives this, think that's enough reassurance? It would be a pretty wierdshit product that didn't fix the term and the rate.
0 -
Yes, I think you must be right (I was putting too much reliance on this from their website)
1 -
Thanks very much for this, Kazza.
I went with Kent Reliance 2 year fix with transfer in and the process was smooth. I'm very lucky they popped up as about 3 weeks ago I had initially applied for the VIDA one and that was an effing nightmare. I cannot believe the rave reviews on trustpilot; they can't be real. The process was insane - constant back and forth, confusion about which account they needed ID for, what type of ID and then I'd provide it and each email was basically 'we need another form of ID' 'we need a signed form' … why not ask for everything at once to save time and stress? do you just not want my money?! So frustrating.
Anyway… I'm happy now. I hadn't opened a new ISA since lockdown, which is terrible. I started my savings/ISA journey with this very thread years ago (2008, around the market crash) and it's still going, so much love to you for helping me and everyone out and thanks again.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




