We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List
Comments
-
I wish I'd waited too but I was on the Shawbrook pants rate so was desperate to move. Sod's law they increased their fixed rate 10 days later!
2 -
Yes it is difficult in a period of rising rates as you have to jump sometime or leave funds sitting too long at a lower easy access/limited access rate. When my last ISA matured recently I decided to split it and reinvest half in a 1 year fix and leave half in limited access ISA, which I plan to put in another fix in a month or so. And repeat that process with my next maturing ISA at the end of the year.
4 -
At the moment, I am opening the fixed ISAs and setting up alerts for when the funding period is close to ending.
#24 Save 12k in 20264 -
I see they launched issue 707 today being the same rate as 706 at 4.73. Last time it moved from 4.41 to the higher rate. Bit disappointing since rates have moved upwards elsewhere in the last month. I don't see it being too popular unless it's for an easy life for existing customers maturing and you are ok losing a few £'s per 10k over the year but what rates might come up somewhere else?
Since the takeover, they don't have much to offer it, used to like them too, very easy to work with. 😔
Yeah, cheers but nah, I will stick with yes, thank you and no.
Thank you.1 -
I've opened the Shawbrook @ 4.81, their newer issue is now at 4.83, can I ask for my (unfunded) account to be upgraded or would I need to apply for the later issue?
May be moot since Zopa's 4.85 is just sooo convenient….
0 -
Just a thought, unless talking about a very large 6 figure number ( say £250k+) does a 0.4% differential in interest rate return really warrant all this effort?
I have long since taken a view that my cut off point to bother about moving funds around has to be a minimum £10 p.m increase in return ( all my accounts have to pay monthly).
2 -
Not six figures but large-enough five that it makes me wince if missing out on any additional earnings available.
You are right, of course. But many here actually quite enjoy the thrill of the chase….
0 -
I'm thinking that you would need to apply for the later issue... only to find a short time afterwards that they have issued a 4.86!
I don't recall ever seeing rates inching up like this before.
0 -
Chip ISA
For those who are tempted by Chip’s appealing headline rate, beware when you try to transfer your money out, it’s a total nightmare. My partner has been trying for 3 months to transfer his Cash ISA out to Coventry BS, every time he asked there was a different rejection reason- he had to give his wet signature, then the reference/account number was wrong, 3 months on he’s now told Coventry BS doesn’t accept Smart ISA which is what Chip is, even though Coventry had only expressed that Chip just wouldn’t release the funds. Not to mention they have a funky interest payout rule which means you can lose a month’s interest if your money leaves before you monthly interest is paid.
Just not worth it!Good news is, in that time while he was battling to get out, better officers elsewhere have come up, so thanks Chip!
4 -
T212 easy access 5.01%
Plum easy access 5.00%
New customers only, and a lower rate if transferring in. With Plum, no interest paid in month if closure or transferring out.
Neither are ideal, despite the headline rate.
6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
