Mcdonalds complaint need email

Options

Comments

• emmafifema
    emmafifema Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    What's wrong with just thinking 'I must be a bit more careful in future' and getting on with your life? What happened to a bit of stoicism, fgs?

1. How exactly do you propose I am "a bit more careful in future" when removing a lid from a cup? Just a little puzzled at that as there is,as far as I'm aware, only one way to remove a lid from a cup which is to use your hands???

2. Who's to say that I'm not getting on with my life? Do you really truly believe that this has put some kind of hold on my life? How very deluded you are.

3. "Stoicism teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming destructive emotions"...... I have plenty of self control thanks, just because I was advised to email Mcdonalds does not mean I have destructive emotions of any sort. You're way off the mark buddy.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    emmafifema wrote: »
    1. How exactly do you propose I am "a bit more careful in future" when removing a lid from a cup? Just a little puzzled at that as there is,as far as I'm aware, only one way to remove a lid from a cup which is to use your hands???

2. Who's to say that I'm not getting on with my life? Do you really truly believe that this has put some kind of hold on my life? How very deluded you are.

3. "Stoicism teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming destructive emotions"...... I have plenty of self control thanks, just because I was advised to email Mcdonalds does not mean I have destructive emotions of any sort. You're way off the mark buddy.

Just my opinion. You obviously feel strongly enough about this distressing incident to want to share it with a bunch of strangers. If this is simply about doing as you were advised by McDonalds why not ask them for the email address? By asking anyone who uses this forum, you expose yourself to a whole host of opinions and comment, some of which, inevitably, you're not going to like.

That's the interweb for you, innit. If you don't want to hear what people have to say, don't ask them. *shrugs*
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    emmafifema wrote: »

I admire you for keeping cool under this barrage of insults and bullying, by people who just choose to ignore whatever you said in your OP, and your explicit intentions and add irrelevant comments.
    Glad to see someone who seems balanced enough and who doesn't feel the need to make themselves look clever by insulting other people :)
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    I admire you for keeping cool under this barrage of insults and bullying, by people who just choose to ignore whatever you said in your OP, and your explicit intentions and add irrelevant comments.
    Glad to see someone who seems balanced enough and who doesn't feel the need to make themselves look clever by insulting other people :)

Bullying:rotfl::rotfl: Dont tell me we've been rascist as well!!
    I think some people need to grow a thicker skin,(oops maybe thats rascist).Maybe you'd be better off over on Mumsnet....
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    we've been rascist as well!!

well done, you've just invented a new word :T

never been on mumsnet, sounds like you know it better than I do, but you are bringing gender into an issue that has nothing to do with it. I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere. :D
    (without mentioning race, although I expect one-eyed aliens would qualify as an ethnic minority:D)
  • Looksguywalker
    Options

never been on mumsnet, sounds like you know it better than I do, but you are bringing gender into an issue that has nothing to do with it. I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere. :D
    (without mentioning race, although I expect one-eyed aliens would qualify as an ethnic minority:D)

So you're reduced to picking on spelling mistakes?

Tell me who I email about the paper cuts I have had over the years. W H Smith perhaps? I must have handled millions of pieces of paper and have had dozens of paper cuts which I suspect will have been very similar to the OP's cut.

BTW did the OP keep the offending lid? I would imagine retaining said lid for MCD's to examine would have been useful in proving it faulty or not.
  • funkycoldribena
    Options

Im being bullied over my spelling....
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • Looksguywalker
    Options
    Im being bullied over my spelling....

It's not Im it's I'm :T.

If you use an annoying emoticon it's permitted!
  • emmafifema
    Options
    Just my opinion. You obviously feel strongly enough about this distressing incident to want to share it with a bunch of strangers. If this is simply about doing as you were advised by McDonalds why not ask them for the email address? By asking anyone who uses this forum, you expose yourself to a whole host of opinions and comment, some of which, inevitably, you're not going to like.

That's the interweb for you, innit. If you don't want to hear what people have to say, don't ask them. *shrugs*

I don't think I ever described this as a "distressing incident" did I?
    And am I correct in thinking that this is a public forum for which help and advice is one of the key things offered on here? Or do you think that it's for morons to insult and bombard other people with useless comments and digs??

I also didn't actually ask for anyones opinion on here just an email address or help finding it!
  • emmafifema
    Options
    Tell me who I email about the paper cuts I have had over the years. W H Smith perhaps? I must have handled millions of pieces of paper and have had dozens of paper cuts which I suspect will have been very similar to the OP's cut.

BTW did the OP keep the offending lid? I would imagine retaining said lid for MCD's to examine would have been useful in proving it faulty or not.

I think everyone at some time or another has had a paper cut as it's pretty much expected .... are you saying that it's expected to be cut by a lid in Mcdonalds too?? Because that would be a bit of a silly thing to say wouldn't it?

And maybe if I were trying to get some money or compensation out of them then I would have kept the lid but as I'm not it was gladly put in the bin!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure