Vodafone default - not my fault - how to remove? *RESOLVED*

Options

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, what *proof* do you have? What does their e-mail say?
    Of course you have never received the new sim as you needed it only for the new phone that was OOS. Your old sim remained active.

When dealing now with Vodafone you have to make the things clear to yourself in the first place. You keep blaming them, but if it was your fault, you have to appeal to their good nature instead of blaming them.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Jamiem1_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    If in any way I thought it was me to blame I would pay the money and leave it at that, , I really just want to get to the bottom of this, what is annoying is at first they tell me that it wasn't in stock, now 2 years down the line they say I was in arrears that's why I didn't receive it. The existing SIM card was cut off and was unable to be used. On the email it says that my order has been cancelled and no money will be taken from my account.
  • grumbler
    Options
    Jamiem1 wrote: »
    The existing SIM card was cut off and was unable to be used.
    I can cut my sim, but I can't cancel the contract simply by doing this.
    On the email it says that my order has been cancelled and no money will be taken from my account.
    Is this the exact citation?
    Cancelled order doesn't mean cancelled contract.
    And what account it was? Bank account or Vodafone account? If the money was taken from your bank account for the phone why did you not chase Vodafone for it two years ago?
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    I mean cut off from Vodafone, not by cutting the sim card i up, I have phoned previously about getting the money back but I would be better talking to a brick wall, every time I call the person on the other end cannot understand a word I am saying
  • grumbler
    Options
    Well, if the old sim really was disabled by Vodafone after you agreed to upgrade and paid for it (personally, I don't believe that this was the case), then stick to your guns. Demand full refund, your credit files cleared and compensation for the inconvenience they caused you.
    Start with the formal complaint and then take the matter to the ombudsman. This is what you should have done two years ago.

Or contact their web reps as they advise in this thread.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    I didn't know i had this on my credit fill until recently, i will be sticking to my guns with this, by the looks of things vodafone try it on with everybody! How do i go about contacting a web rep? Thanks for your help
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    Just off the phone to vodafone, weren't any help at all! They basically said i didn't receive it cause my bill wasn't paid, but when i told them i had proof it was paid they said "oh yeah we can see that, it wasn't allocated to your account, it will be now" this was paid in 2011 lol then told me nothing else could be done and that i'm "wasting their time", if i wanted to do anything else about it i would need to leave my number for a call back or go into a store and speak with someone.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    Please can you have a look at this #7486314 thanks
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Jamiem1,

I've got your email and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    Thanks lee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business