Vodafone default - not my fault - how to remove? *RESOLVED*

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi slickc2100,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had some problems getting in touch via the link.

If you could forward your details to eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk and include WRT135 Lee/Heidi in the subject, we will be happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Scooter1983
    Options
    I have also an issue regarding default on my credit which is effecting me getting a mortgage.
    I now made 3 phone calls regarding this issue which I thought had been resolved and was never contacted by vodafone regarding this. Next letter Letter i received was from a debt collectors which I made payments to and set up a direct debit and was sure this matter was resolved until I checked my credit report and had an outstanding balance with a different solicitors. This has now been cleared and still have defaul due to a lack of communication from vodafone. I've had no help on the 3 phone calls I have made and requested to speak to management which I was told I would have to wait 48hours for. This phone call never happened and I had to again make contact to try resolve this. I had a similar issue with orange as I am a costomer with now and the matter was resolved within 2 days. Have now had to make contact with fair trading and now in contact with visas who are ombudsmans service for communication
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Scooter1983,

It's disappointing to read about your experience but thanks for making me aware of it.

To enable me to get matters looked into further could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will take you to the Contact us form on our website.

To ensure that it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line and once our automated reply arrives update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lewisflude
    Options
    Hey Lee,

I've just sent an email and have the ref #4857804.

Would be incredible if I could get this resolved!

Thanks,

Lewis
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Lewis,

Thanks for making me aware of your case.

I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
  • tommytux
    Options
    I'm also having a bit of bother with Vodafone having placed a default on my account in September 2013. I only became aware of this when checking my credit report via Equifax yesterday before going ahead with an application on a mortgage with my partner.

Admitedly, I had some trouble with payments on the account, but at no point was I made aware by Vodafone that there would be a default placed on my accounts. Whenever I could not pay, or payments were going to be late, I called the Customer Support department and made them aware. They were always very helpful, polite and understanding of my circumstances so it came as some surprise to see a default had been placed on my account.

I was left a little confused having received a letter from Fredrickson International Limited after having previously been told by an advisor, in no uncertain terms, that my account would not be passed to a collection agency.

However, correspondence from Vodafone was still being sent out after each payment was made through Fredrickson International so I (maybe a little naively) assumed Vodafone still held the account.

Another issue was that the above mentioned correspondence was going to my parents address, despite having made it clear to Customer Support reps on several occassions that, under no circumstances, should they be sending anything to that address. I was offered assurances (more than once, may I add) that the address had been amended.

The default which now appears on the account is for an amount which I would not consider substantial, and is now having a detrimental affect on both me and my partners lives as it's stopping us from getting a mortgage.

I see there is a Vodafone Company Rep posting here and I am sincerely hoping they can help me out. Unfortunately I don't have my account information with me currently as I have stumbled across this while at work, but if needed, I will be able to provide the information.

My dispute here isn't that I should not have to pay whatever is remaining (£136 or so) more so that I was not made aware that the account was defaulted despite being assured that this would not happen.

I'm really hoping I can get some help here or I'll have to take the route of sending letter after letter after letter to try and get this resolved.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 December 2013 at 3:39PM
    Options
    tommytux wrote: »
    ...at no point was I made aware by Vodafone that there would be a default placed on my accounts.....
    ...been told by an advisor, in no uncertain terms, that my account would not be passed to a collection agency....
    My dispute .. that I was not made aware that the account was defaulted despite being assured that this would not happen.
    You have to get your facts right. "Wasn't made aware" and "was assured" mean different things as the default wasn't a result of the debt passed to DCA.
    I don't think that Vodafone have obligation to make you aware (unlike for credit agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act). If so, it was a well deserved default, not an error that can be corrected.
  • tommytux
    Options
    I'd like to add that I was not sent any final reminders as I stayed in touch with Vodafone and kept them updated on my circumstances.

Surely it's not right for them to default me without taking the necessary steps to seek payment first?
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi tommytux,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get things looked into further, could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
  • Milo1234
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of people are experiencing problems with defaults on Vodafone and not being properly informed of these being placed on file. I too, am in the same situation. After considering finances I have thought it is time to get on to the property ladder so I have done a credit report through Equifax. To my surprise there is a default on there from Vodafone placed on in July. Admittedly, I had payment issues due to redundancy but I have not once received any sort of communication from Vodafone to advise me of this default. Looking around on the Internet, I can see it is extremely hard to get a mortgage with a default.

I can see there is a Vodafone representative on here and I was wondering if you can please take a look into this for me as it is going to hinder my chances of getting any sort of credit for the next 6 years.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport