Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    COOP BANK SUCCESS

Hi all ,
    just a quick update .I have today recieved a letter informing me that " as a gesture of goodwill " my charges have been refunded .Sure enough i checked my bank account and it was deposited yesterday as adjusted commision .The only thing they didnt refund was my court costs but never the less ive decided to accept this offer .
    So to anyone claiming off THE COOP BANK keep at it and they will pay up
  • lozza_76
    lozza_76 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Good to hear! Congratulations.
    Their 14 days are up for us... the MCOL's being done tomorrow - will let you know how we get on!
  • quade
    quade Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bluesunshine

Congratulations, that's great news:beer: :beer: - very encouraging! I'll keep all informed as to how I get on too and thanks for the info regarding the address .

Quade
  • dazrama3
    dazrama3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Bluesunshine....put your success story in the success thread as well so others can see.
  • lozza_76
    lozza_76 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Got home today (just about to start MCOL process tonight), to find a letter from the Co-op saying that they have put the money we asked for (£830) into our account as a goodwill gesture. It's not there yet but a phone call has confirmed it should be there in 1-2 days. :j
    Keep at it everyone... don't be discouraged when they keep putting you off, it'll be worth it in the end. Bank charges are outrageous - they shouldn't be able to get away with it.
  • Margi.Magpie
    Options
    Well done Bluesunshine! And thanks so much for blazing the trail for the rest of us!!!

Hoping to get back on here soon and give my success story too...

Margi x
  • ange5784
    Options
    I've just recieved a letter back from the Coop bank, they have replied to my request for claim of bank charges... basically they say they are going to look into my claim and contact me within the next 4 weeks but if anymore time is needed they will contact me within 4 weeks to let me know how long it will take. I think they are just trying to stall but I will wait and see waht they come up with within the next 4 weeks....... They did return my cheque for the bank statements saying it is a "free servce". if there is anyone out there who has had dealings with the Coop Bank can they let me know what to expect
    Cheers
    Ange5784
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    ange5784 wrote: »
    I've just recieved a letter back from the Coop bank, they have replied to my request for claim of bank charges... basically they say they are going to look into my claim and contact me within the next 4 weeks but if anymore time is needed they will contact me within 4 weeks to let me know how long it will take. I think they are just trying to stall but I will wait and see waht they come up with within the next 4 weeks....... They did return my cheque for the bank statements saying it is a "free servce". if there is anyone out there who has had dealings with the Coop Bank can they let me know what to expect
    Cheers
    Ange5784

I spoke to a manager (who works at the on-line banking call centre ) about 3weeks ago and she let it slip that they are usually paying out within 7 weeks of initial request for refund .I didnt believe her at the time and claimed with mcol on 30th april . Then a day within the 7 week period i was refunded the full amount asked for . Now the question is was it because i claimed through MCOL or was she telling the truth ????
    Personally i think she was telling the truth
  • ryannorfolk
    ryannorfolk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! One Day I get a reply from the court telling me Notice of Acknowledgment of Service has been filed and the Co-op intend to defend all of my claim. Then the next morning I find my bank account better off £1892.76! Not the full amount, but who’s counting. Nearly 2k I’d written off. And getting one over on the co-op… Priceless!! :j
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    Wow! One Day I get a reply from the court telling me Notice of Acknowledgment of Service has been filed and the Co-op intend to defend all of my claim. Then the next morning I find my bank account better off £1892.76! Not the full amount, but who’s counting. Nearly 2k I’d written off. And getting one over on the co-op… Priceless!! :j

Well done ,

just goes to show that it can be done .Keep at it everyone , you will get your money back .
    Also just to let you all know that nothing has been said to me about closing my account either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure