Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    Hi all .

Just an update on my last update .......

after recieving a refund off the Coop bank approx 2 weeks ago i cancelled my court claim as i was happy with the amount refunded even though it was nearly £200 less than i was claiming .Then last weekend i recieved a letter informing me that my account had been refunded again with just under £200 which made up the full amount i originally claimed.
    So anyone thinking of claiming from The Coop Bank , go for it. It may take a couple of months but the results are worth it
  • flopboy
    flopboy Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    hi all first time user here. i have just recieved my detailed bank charges from co-oop bank and they have the strange practice of charging commision on ur account after taking the charges from you for going into your unauth o/d.

some of these commision charges are as punitive as the overdraft charges.
    i would just like to know if i am eligible for reclaiming these as well as the charges and if so do i need to word my letter differently to encompass this?

amy help would be grateful especially from people who have reclaimed from the co-op bank themselves

many thanks
  • Brad57
    Brad57 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I think commission at the coop means bank charges. I recently wrote to the coop for £85 worth of these charges and they paid them back with no quibble what so ever. Might depend how much they owe you but they responded at the first 14 day letter to me. Money back within a fortnight.
  • flopboy
    flopboy Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    hi can u tell me if u dealt with ur branc when sending letter requestin charges back or customer service centre want to send my letter today!!

thanks
  • Brad57
    Brad57 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Only just found your message. I sent my letter to the Coop in Manchester as I don't have a local branch

Coop Bank
    PO Box 48
    1 Balloon Street
    Manchester
    M60 1GP

They sent a standard letter saying they were sorry I was dissapointed with the service and that they would be in contact, but just a couple of days later the money was in my bank with no further correspondence.
    Hope same happens for you.
  • melainab
    melainab Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I just claimed for all of what was listed on the strange and bizarre list they sent me, less my account fee which is a regular every month. Have done MCOL today and have my fingers crossed :) though it seems they are being very reasonable about it all \o/
    LBM Mar 07 :eek: Total debt at LBM £28,003.11 - Feb 12 £5,118.63 :j

Official DFW Nerd 539
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!

£2012 in 2012 * £131 / 2012
  • Maria_Morevna
    Options
    Has any one tried to get bank charges back from the cooperative bank? got a letter this morning i response to my second letter asking for me to phone them. ??
  • Chrissiesmoney_2
    Options
    from what i know the co op are just paying up, i could be wrong but as my uncle is a bank manager for them i might be right
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they paid up to me on my 2nd letter :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Maria_Morevna
    Options
    I have sent the second letter, i had to wait a long time to get a responce recieved a letter to day asking me to phone them. So I will do that tomorrow, but intend to send the 3rd letter soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure