Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• Maria_Morevna
    Options
    She can claim all of these. I phoned the co-op bank before i started this process and got some one to explain there terminology. All of these are charges for going overdrawn. and bounced cheques. i'm at the 3rd letter stage going to be phoning them tommorrow.
  • aliportico
    aliportico Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I've got the letter saying they've passed it on and will be in touch within 4 weeks. This doesn't really seem like an adequate response to my letter to them of last week saying pay up within 14 days!

Part of me is inclined to go for the soft option of waiting to see what they come up with within 4 weeks, part of me thinks I should storm on guns a-blazing.

There seem to be a few of us here in the same position atm - what are you all going to do?
    Ali - still pretty much a newbie, need to brush up my MS habits!
  • in-debt
    in-debt Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just received a letter from the Co Operative Bank this morning stating they have credited my accont as a gesture of goodwill with £137.16. I have received no other letter asking me to sign a form with the offer or anything. I am annoyed as they have credited it to my account that I no longer use and have not used for over three years.

Is there anything I can do to request this money as a cheque or not?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • dazrama3
    dazrama3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I posted a number of times on this thread in relation to my claim and I'm happy to report back that I have received almost £1900!!!

It's not as much as I'd hoped but that is mostly due to the fact that the list of charges they gave me was so confusing....but I'm thrilled!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

It took me seven or so weeks to get it back.
  • melainab
    melainab Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    happy to report that yesterday I received a credit into my bank account for £2533.50 again not all that I had claimed, but I am very pleased!!

Plus I had gone through MCOL and it seems that most people who had gone that route got another payout for the remainder a while later. I won't hold my breath though :)

Keep on at them and you will get there :j
    LBM Mar 07 :eek: Total debt at LBM £28,003.11 - Feb 12 £5,118.63 :j

Official DFW Nerd 539
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!

£2012 in 2012 * £131 / 2012
  • Hobes
    Hobes Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi There - I am new to this forum. I am looking for advice on Co-op charges (daily excess + service charge - can I calim for these??). They have sent me the breakdown of charges but it is confusing. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Hobes
  • moonflower33
    Options
    What seems like a long time ago I wrote to co-op bank asking for my charges back. They wrote back a nice letter saying it would take 40 days to deal with my complaint. After 40 working days they wrote back saying that they needed another 6 weeks. The next letter said that needed another 4 weeks to deal with my complaint. The question is how long can they string it out untill they make a desion?:rolleyes:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems a mixed bag from co-op users. At this stage you can put your claim over to the Financial Omubudsman as they will take on your claim after you have been dealing with the bank for 6/8 weeks. Please read Martin's article regarding using the FO.
  • SOOP_3
    SOOP_3 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Our charges stood at £4448.53 figures calculated using a list of charges to our account supplied by the Coop bank. Following first phase letter and with no warning or agreement they placed £2093.04 in our account. All the figures included interest what the figures did NOT include was DEBIT INTEREST the bank state they do not refund these figures dispite them being included as charges on their original list. Please are we being done once again or is this a fair figure.
  • GarethR
    GarethR Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SOOP wrote: »
    Our charges stood at £4448.53 figures calculated using a list of charges to our account supplied by the Coop bank. Following first phase letter and with no warning or agreement they placed £2093.04 in our account. All the figures included interest what the figures did NOT include was DEBIT INTEREST the bank state they do not refund these figures dispite them being included as charges on their original list. Please are we being done once again or is this a fair figure.

Quite simple really, you send them a letter:

Along these lines but amend where required

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxx which I received yesterday.

I am disappointed to learn that you are not willing to refund all of the fees I have requested from you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I will accept the part payment of £XXX as part payment only, and without prejudice

As you have not refunded me the full amount of my claim within the timescale I set out in my letter of xxxxx, I will be filing a claim against Bank with the County Court, who will issue my claim against you in due course. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
    For your information, I am enclosing a spreadsheet detailing the full amount of my claim. As you will note, I am also claiming interest and my Court Fees should they be required.

If you decide to forward me the balance of my claim by cheque, I will cancel the Court Claim once your cheque has cleared.

Yours faithfully
    <o:p></o:p>

:beer:
    Official DFW Member 587 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business