Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• annarooster_2
    Options
    Am really upset, had applied to Co-Operative Bank under hardship rules for charges back, they telephoned me approx two weeks ago to say I was due about £700 back, they spent ages on phone with me advising me re my how to use the payout effectively re my debts, and that they wouldn't use it to pay off my overdraft, i could continue to gradually reduce that. They also said they would stop any pending charges on my account.

This meant I could get on top of some debts etc, they said would call me back on day it went in account, likely one/two days from this call.

I never heard anything and couldn't get through when I rung them.

Today I ring because if a new £60 charges and am told that my hardship claim is 'under review' because of the new court ruling.
    I was not allowed to speak to the person handling the hardship case just told they would ring me but they were very busy and it would be when they have decided what is happening because of new ruling.

I feel really cheated, particularly because they were so nice on the phone.

Anyone any advice on how to proceed, they weren't very nice on the phone regarding nor putting me through to this dept and I feel completely powereless
  • zappafan_2
    Options
    I have been in correspondance with the Co-op, r.e. charges reclaim, since about April. I have yet to receive any co-operation from them at all - in that time I have successfully received all of my charges in FULL from every other creditor & bank that I have an account with - the Co-op is the only one that I cant get any sense out of.

After about 3 months of bouncing letters back & fourth, they finally send me an income & expenses form to fill in - I had to send copies of bank statements, payslips etc aswell - I then didnt hear from them for over a month, so I call up, they say they're still waiting for my personal documents, turns out they did receive them but they lost them. They then send me a latter saying that under NO circumstances will they give me any of charges back, hardship or no hardship. They then send me an income & expenses form asking me to fill it in & send in statements & payslips etc etc again as if nothing has happened! They were definately just playing games to try & wait things out until the court decision.

They have been an absolute nightmare - I have a credit card with them too & out of ALL of the credit cards that I have, theirs is the only one that is refusing me the money. As soon as my credit rating improves, I WILL be closing my account & going elsewhere.

Barclaycard on the other hand have been an absolute breeze to work with. No quibbles, no nonsense, here's your money.

Good luck!
  • Niyama
    Options
    manda1578 wrote: »
    The co op have sent me a letter and enclosing dates, commission, then debit interest and the last column is fees, so I am quite confused which columns I should claim back from can anyone help me understand this?

I have the same problem and would be really grateful if anyone could help with this. I am sorting the claims for both me and my partner. I don't have that much in the 'commission' column but he has over a thousand pounds so I'm keen to know if I can claim for these! Many thanks
  • James2290
    Options
    I've had three unpaid item fee charges to my account of £15 each i phoned them and they gave one of these back as a good will gesture so it is possible to get at least one back, i was also with Santander before and had a lot of unauthorized overdraft charges and they gave quite a lot of these charges back and i just said that i did not realize that i had an overdraft. Good luck with these money grabbing fools!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure