Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should find the answer in this thread but if you don't understand what the abbreviations are give your bank a ring and ask them.
  • davesofa
    Options
    Hi, i just got my bank costs deails form the Co op bank, but there is a column headed 'commission' as well as charges. What it this commission and can i reclaim it? (there is abouit £800 in there)
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    My understanding is yes but if you pop into the co-op thread they will be able to confirm it.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Cuckoointhehead
    Options
    I claimed from Smile and they paid-up within 2 weeks no problem.:j :j

Can't say the same for Lloyds, HSBC & A & L.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • blackbat
    blackbat Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    hello, a friend has wrote to ask for his staements for the last 6 yrs to work out how much he is owed in charges 35 days ago and again 2 weeks ago(this one sent recorded and never signed for) no response to either. How long is it sposed to take to get these? how long did you all wait and what is the next step if they don't respond?seems they are ignoring the letters to string it out so there isn't as much to claim back by the time they get hit for the money back. Each week that passes is a week off the 6yrs of charges that can be claimed.
    is there an address to write complaints to? or a phone number to complain?
  • Margi.Magpie
    Options
    As they have paid all your charges back you have no case to chase. The interest is awarded by the court and the court would take a dim view of you turning down an offer of your full claim.

LOL! That's really what I though, Edinburghlass, but thanks for confirming it for me! I'm not looking a gifthorse in the mouth, and I'm very grateful for what I've got... Thanks again,Margi x
  • katscash
    katscash Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone got statments from them over 6yrs:rolleyes: they sent statments from june 2001 pages 17-43 i requested them all under the limitations act?:eek:
  • aliportico
    aliportico Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    After reading several posts saying that people had been getting money a few weeks after the "please give us 4 weeks" letters, I was hopeful that I'd have some money back from the Coop when I got home from holiday this week. Nope, instead had another letter saying they needed another 4 weeks. :mad: Have sent the "pay in 14 days or I'll take you to court letter" back today - hope that gets a result soon!
    Ali - still pretty much a newbie, need to brush up my MS habits!
  • IndigoMoon_3
    Options
    Hi All,
    Any advise from you lovely people would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm at Stage 3.. having used one of Martin's templates to ask the bank for my money back... I gave them 14 days to respond.. however they've just replied stating that they will be looking into my complaint within FSA guidelines & I should expect a response within 4 weeks.
    It appears that they are now dictating the time-frames to me which I didn't expect... is this just some sort of delaying tactic?... should I be paitent or press on with Stage 4?:confused:
    Many Thanks
    Indigo
  • IndigoMoon_3
    Options
    Ok.... Finding info on the forums about people's experience with The Cooperative Bank in particular is quite difficult ... It is on here but information is quite scattered... so I found info on various other threads here & there which has helped me to make my decision...

I've decided to follow Martin's advise to stick to YOUR timetable & not allow the banks to dictate!! :money:

In my Stage 2 letter I had already set the time scale of 14 days for a Full Response. I am not allowing them 4 weeks to let me know when I can expect a response....

It may be worth noting that within their very cleverly worded reply to my Stage 2 letter I was also referred to their Customer Complaints Procedure with information included for "you to read". Within the Customer Complaints procedure; If Coop have replied to your complaint then you should make contact with them either by telephone or letter. It is interesting that if they don't hear from you within 8 weeks of this response they will regard the "complaint" as closed! :confused:

Feeling that this is definatley some sort of delay tactic I called Coop to:

1. "Make Contact" as suggested within the "Customer Complaints Procedure"
    2. Discuss their advise that that they would respond to me within 4 weeks (not with a response but to advise when to expect a response!!) :mad:

I asked the Customer Service Agent to notepad that:
    1. I had not lodged a "Complaint" rather "Threatened Legeal Action" Big difference!
    2. I expect "A Full Response within 14 days" as stated within my original letter.

My decision is to press on with Stage 4 if I have not had a full response within 14 days.

The Customer Service Agent said she would pass this information onto the relevant colleague who "will hopefully get back to you within your timecale"

I'll keep you updated. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport