Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• ryannorfolk
    ryannorfolk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    mark1964 wrote: »
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts Co-op Statement Help

hi, ive received information from the co-op bank with regards a list of charges with relation to my account.im a bit unsure on what to claim.the reason for this is that it is not like a normal statement reads. I have five columns at the top of the page.the columns are :

commission, commission refund, debit interest, fees, fees refund .

at the bottom of the page I have 5 totals. do I claim the total amount of commission and debit interest and fees and subtract the commission refund and fees refund from the total amount.
    can anyone help
    thanks

Last edited by mark1964 : 27-04-2007 at 9:06 PM.

I had one of these as well. I asked them over the phone to give me a breakdown of what exactly was what and why there were so many different charges. They couldn’t tell me and in the end (after a run-around) sent me copies of the actual bank statements, which I then had to go through myself, picking out everything, other than service charges and overdraft interest. It took me a while but made my mind up about charging them interest on what they owed me.
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    I sent the “7 days before action letter” to them, but I put 14 days rather than 7. I’ve had another reply today saying they are looking into my complaint, but they need another 4 weeks dated from this new reply. They say they are within FSA guidelines, is this correct? Should I just take the next step? I sent the repay request back on the 30/01/07; they’ve had 3 months so far. Thanks again for all the advice.

They've had more than enough time to sort your refund out .Show them you mean business and get onto MCOL and take them to court . Ive gave them about 6 weeks to sort mine out and i got the standard 4 week to reply letter twice so i started court proceedings on sunday via MCOL .They should get the court paperwork today
  • ryannorfolk
    ryannorfolk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, done it! Claim started, I’ll let you know how I get on :)
  • mr-stix
    mr-stix Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi

Finally received my list of charges for the last 6 years from the Co Operative Bank. The charges are broken down into 4 catergories, Commission, Commission Refund (which has no entries), Debit Interest and Fees. Which of the 3 charges can I claim back if not all??

Thanks in advance

Stix
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    BLUESUNSHINE_2 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, done it! Claim started, I’ll let you know how I get on :)

Well done .I recieved a letter yesterday from Northampton county court stating that my claim was posted to the coop bank 30th April and will deemed to be served by 5th May .They've got until 19th May to reply .
    I'll keep you all posted
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    BLUESUNSHINE_2 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE................

Just had a look at MCOL website .Today the Coop bank has filed an acknowledgement.This now gives them 28 days to reply .
  • biscuitdunker
    biscuitdunker Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Wow it looks like lots of others are confused by these silly lists the Co-op and Smile are sending to their customers!

Has anyone had any luck with just claiming back everything rather than having to work out which bits they're entitled to?
  • cyprusgirl_3
    Options
    Hi I am trying to claim from the coop bank also, I have received the list of charges, but dont understand it, can you claim back the commission, but not the debit interest? any help would be appreciated
  • quade
    quade Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am in the process of sending in the first letter requesting info regarding charges for the last six years. I phoned the bank last week requesting the address to which I should send my request and they gave me:
    Customer Care, Co-op Bank, Delf House, Skelmersdale WN8 6GH.

However on one of the threads here, the address to write to is given as: The Co-op Bank PLC, Level 2, Delf House, Southway, Skelmersdale WN8 6NY.

I've checked the differing postcodes on the net and they do in fact have two postcodes for Delf House Skelmersdale so that seems to be okay.

However, I'm wondering if I was given the wrong address to write to by the bank as a diversionary tactic having read stuff on here! Does anyone know which is the correct address?

Many thanks
    Quade
  • BLUESUNSHINE_2
    Options
    quade wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of sending in the first letter requesting info regarding charges for the last six years. I phoned the bank last week requesting the address to which I should send my request and they gave me:
    Customer Care, Co-op Bank, Delf House, Skelmersdale WN8 6GH.

However on one of the threads here, the address to write to is given as: The Co-op Bank PLC, Level 2, Delf House, Southway, Skelmersdale WN8 6NY.

I've checked the differing postcodes on the net and they do in fact have two postcodes for Delf House Skelmersdale so that seems to be okay.

However, I'm wondering if I was given the wrong address to write to by the bank as a diversionary tactic having read stuff on here! Does anyone know which is the correct address?

Many thanks
    Quade

Either one of these addresses will do . The dept at delf house who are dealing with all claims is TEAM 560 so any correspondance regarding your charges should be addressed to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure