wombling in tesco - what's safe

Options

Comments

• eaglesrjh
    eaglesrjh Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    wow. ok just read the whole thread as i was intrigued as to what wombling was! I'm not going to get into the right or wrong argument, dont think wombling is for me as i could not go around picking receipts off the floor (no idea where they have been!)

However I do have another question. Do tesco take money off coupons when you dont buy the product. I.E I get a 50p off a packet of biscuits manufactures coupon off a packet of biscuits. I then go to tesco but dont buy any biscuits, do they still take the coupon?

cheers
    Richard
    if i had known then what i know now
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eaglesrjh wrote: »
    Do tesco take money off coupons when you dont buy the product.
    Do bears... ;):D

Yes they do, but it's always dependent upon which cashier you go to and on each store's own particular policy.

My advice - test the water with a small single coupon. Go to one of the younger cashiers, when you pay say "I've got a voucher" and hand it over. Hopefully, they'll just scan it without even looking at it.

If you have no problem using it, you'll quickly get bolder!

If they refuse for whatever reason, politely accept it back and don't make a fuss.
  • ilovecompanies
    Options
    I have noticed that some TESCO stores a taking precautions because i saw them today picking up littered recipts and disposing of them.
    Pigsback- 250pp (11.50 claimed) Ipoints- 200
    Toluna- 16 615 (Need 60000 for Sainsbury's voucher) Lightspeed- 110 points (aiming for a W H miths or BHS 10.00 voucher)
  • Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol there are TONS of threads about tesco taking coupons. I posted on one earlier. I'll find it for you
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • Discodee
    Options
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • afur
    afur Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    after all the negativity that has been aimed my way i think i need some retail therapy, now if i an pick up enough pennies i can visit my nearest £1 shop.
    Starting Debt - £44,667.64 :mad:
    DAS Started Jun 09 - Debt Free May 2018 :T
  • Miseryschild
    Options
    I did my first wombling in tesco today. went to buy things and just as i finish paying (on the self-serve ones) i noticed a reciept sticking out that someone hadnt bothered with. so i thought - why not - it would of just gone in the bin - i got the points and i even recycled the receipt! so i helped the enviroment so all good from my end :)

~MC
    MySearchFund: £9.79:j
    CC Debt: £400 -=-=- Overdraft: £150
    "If video games affected children we would all be running around in the dark,eating little white pills listening to repetitve electronic music":confused:
  • Discodee
    Options
    lol Well done!
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    I did my first wombling in tesco today. went to buy things and just as i finish paying (on the self-serve ones) i noticed a reciept sticking out that someone hadnt bothered with. so i thought - why not - it would of just gone in the bin - i got the points and i even recycled the receipt! so i helped the enviroment so all good from my end :)

~MC

We can all sleep easily tonight knowing that the environment is in good hands...:rotfl:
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »
    This thread has got very boring indeed.

Particularly with the womblers demonstrating (a) their inability to read my clearly-expressed points and always going off on tangents and (b) their complete disdain for morality or legality.

Before I go, I'd just say:

- two wrongs don't make a right;
    - it isn't picking up the receipts or receiving the stamps, it's using them fraudulently that is wrong; and
    - I've never said anything (except once by mistake) ;) about using till-spit coupons. If they don't say they are only for the use of the recipient, then they are legitimate to use. All my comments have been aimed at the practice of deceiving Tesco into crediting points onto your Clubcard account when you didn't spend the money yourself.

Had enough now - bye.

Completely agree with MarkyD. It is most definitely a dishonest act. The Clubcard rules clearly state that "You" must spend money in order to be awarded points. To try and claim for purchases made by other people is not permitted by the letter or spirit of the scheme.

And for all those people who seem to take the view "Well, Tesco is a big company", shame on you. Stealing from any person or organisation is wrong. At least that is how I have been brought up.

Call it "wombling" to give it a 'soft' name. However, wombling is theft.

I really cannot believe that people go scrounging around in the bottom of trolleys and on the floor to try and make a few pence. :rotfl:

No doubt, I will be subjected to the sort of abuse that MarkyD was subjected to. But the bottom line is - you know it is wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure