wombling in tesco - what's safe

Options
I've seen a few posts on here about wombling but now i search for the info nothings coming up.

A few people were saying they'd had letters from tesco saying stop wombling, can you tell me how much you get away with before this letter arrives?

I've asked tesco by e-mail & phone for a 2nd card on my account for my OH and it's not arrived so he's keeping receipts for me to credit, i've also (properly) wombled 2 others, my worry is i'll get to an amount and get the nasty womble letter.

thanks
xx
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Comments

• tlck9
    tlck9 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what is wombling?? sorry quinda newbie
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Its collecting receipts from trolleys & in & around the store that haven't had the points added to a clubcard & getting them added at the CS desk to your clubcard :-)
    "I took her to a supermarket,I don't know why but I had to start it somewhere" :cool:
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a word of caution be careful somebody was apparently accused of credit card theft because they wombled a receipt where payment had been made by a stolen credit card. Then when they had the points added to their clubcard all fingers pointed to them.

If I do womble which isn't that often I tend to go for receipts which are cash transactions

Welshy x
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Options
    "Wombling" is fraudulent.
  • jmarko
    jmarko Posts: 4,137 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote:

i was wondering about that. is it? what if you just give the receipts over and say 'hello, can you put these on, please?' and they say yes? that's what i... erm.. would do if i wombled! :rolleyes:
    My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.
  • hardy
    hardy Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote:

I have been at a checkout before when the person in front has not had a clubcard and told the cashier to add them to my card. I've thanked them and had teh points added.

Where's the fraud in that?
    Mr. T - Stop overcharging your customers.
    Bring back consumer confidence.
    BRING BACK DOTTY TURNBULL
    :T :T :T :T :T:T :T :T
  • jmarko
    jmarko Posts: 4,137 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hardy wrote:
    I have been at a checkout before when the person in front has not had a clubcard and told the cashier to add them to my card. I've thanked them and had teh points added.

Where's the fraud in that?

sounds fine to me!
    My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.
  • hardy
    hardy Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    jmarko wrote:
    sounds fine to me!

And me. Can't see where the fraud is. Any legal eagles out there?
    Mr. T - Stop overcharging your customers.
    Bring back consumer confidence.
    BRING BACK DOTTY TURNBULL
    :T :T :T :T :T:T :T :T
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Options
    OK let's clarify. If you are going to ask for other people's clubcard points and tell the customer service person that's what you are doing, then that's not fraudulent. If they choose to credit them, that's their stupid fault.

If you LIE or IMPLY that YOU forgot to get the clubcard points credited on your own purchases (using receipts that you have wombled) then you are obtaining money by deception.

Really, it's pathetic that people think it's legal OR MORAL to do this.
  • spike87
    spike87 Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    Its collecting receipts from trolleys & in & around the store that haven't had the points added to a clubcard & getting them added at the CS desk to your clubcard :-)

That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard! People actually do this?!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport