wombling in tesco - what's safe

1262728293032»

Comments

• Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Not just you fuzzgun, I do that as well! I reckon we could spot an unclaimed receipt or discarded MOC at 40 paces! :rotfl:

lmao I am always trying to " see through" an upside down receipt too!

When I saw the one with 105 points on, I was walking up the covered middle bit in the car park, with people behind and in frot of me. But when I saw the size of the receipt my eyes shot out on stalks, so I wasn't leaving it there! Thats worth £4.20 to me!! :rotfl:
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • Discodee
    I had a super weekend.
    I picked up a trolley with a rec with 34 points on

Then I saw this massive rec in a trolley which was in a big roll of trolleys. It was double so couldnt see a barcode. I thought stuff it, pulled the first lot of trolleys off, picked it up and a lovely 129 points waiting to be claimed!!
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Who else pretends to 'drop' their keys on the floor ;):o:p:D

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • Discodee
    lmao yes have done that too!!
    Its easaier when my DS is with me. Noone thinks anything of alittle boy picking up receipts.
    I do have to tell him to whisper tho, as he often runs up shouting "Look Mum I've got one with 60 points on!!!"

He once produced one as I was at CS adding points!! (almost fainted with embarrassment!)
  • donny909
    donny909 Posts: 273 Forumite
    So tempted to dig this thread up after a link to it posted elsewere, what the hell here goes lol.

Read quite a bit of the posts in this thread so understand the mixed feeling on the matter. But we accidently added a friends points at the weekend and it did get me thinking. In that the entire scheme Tesco run for there rewards points must be open to abuse on 1 hand. But on the other the data is freely available for them to use anyway. As allowing for geographical differences all transactions must surely give as valuable a data to Tesco on a basket by basket sale basis as actualy being able to know who it is that buys that basket of shopping for direct targeting reasons?. So from that point of view it's hardly deceptive or taking off Tesco in adding another customers points to another customers card as I've noticed this a lot over the years.

Whats more deceptive is where Tesco MIGHT use a single customers details via there rewards card in a way to target them to buy items they would not normally buy or need in order to boost profits, break even on loss making line or even promote in certain geographical areas without customers even knowing or concenting to having there data used in such a way. And in turn put more preasure on suppliers to get a better price for themselfs whilst cutting any money those suppliers might make.

I spent several years working in such a retail industry and I know that any data is far more valuable grabbed on these cards than the retail industry would have you know or realise. So to do to them as they do to you is hardly deceptive or taking in any way. But more like playing them at there own game within the rules they simply dont really state untill they think otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure