wombling in tesco - what's safe

Comments

• PabloNeruda
    PabloNeruda Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote:
    Sad? Maybe. But Tesco points (mostly earned legitimately I might add) have paid for most of our Summer Holiday this year and we couldn't have afforded to go otherwise (first trip abroad for the kiddies, thanks Mr T!).

Using fraud. Well done.
    Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river has been poisoned
    and the last fish has been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money
  • ramellous1
    ramellous1 Posts: 391 Forumite
    "The Tesco Clubcard scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Tesco Clubcard Points and Vouchers cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded. They may only be pooled by members with the same postal address."

It's amazing how I find so many many of my partner's and kid's receipts on Tesco's floor. I keep telling them to be more careful cos I get sick of piicking them up. :rolleyes:

PabloNeruda, I hope you are not selling till spits on ebay mind or you may find yourself in an everlasting fiery hell for breaching Tesco's T&C
  • Hi
    Sorry if im going off thread here but can anyone tell me if you can use another clubcard at your address ie my husband would like one as i was under the impression that you could only have one per household thats why they issued the keyfobs??
  • ramellous1
    Countingpennies.

Yes, you can have multiple cards at the same address. My partner and I have a card each.
  • LittleBill
    LittleBill Posts: 1,543 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thank you everyone for your comments on my morals and recommendations of how to avoid wombling, but as yet no-one has actaully answered the question - the reason for my post.

If anyone can tell me how much wombling is to much, what generates a letter from tesco please tell me.

Hi Littlejaffa ...

I have not read through the whole thread so i am not sure if they have posted .. but Coupon-mad said once that she had had a letter .... which I am sure she will not mind me repeating ... and I believe she said it was because she had applied so many small receipts to her account ... 2 or 5's etc ... They simply said it was better to use her Clubcard and/or did she need a replacement .... If you PM her she may be able to clarify ... but I believe the letter was not a threat of action ...

In the end i suspect it is how long is a piece of string .... I have been adding wombled points to my accounts ... I have 4 ... for over 5 months now ... I do not add all the small ones and I only add about 3 to 6 per week in batches of three at a time ... to be honest I tend to bump into things if I stare at the ground too long ... I would say as long as you do not 'abuse' a single card with 20 odd per week you will not get a letter ...

There are as well plenty of other ways of adding points ... points vouchers for Tesco Clubs ... Bonus till-spit points ... either wombled or 'earned' ... Bonus points for online shopping .. TPF and Green Recycling ..... Most of these too can be combined with use of Tesco, Manufacturers and Newsaper and Magazine money-off coupons to lower your bills to boot ....

It seems strange that you cannot apply for a second card ... you could always call Tesco on the number on the paper Clubcard leaflet that you get instore and set it up that way .... or do it online ... 2 I would say is better than one and be sure to sign up for all the Tesco Clubs ... Food, Baby & HL ... on both cards ... always remembering to state when you apply that you wish to accept offers from Tesco or they will send nothing ...

Hope this Helps ....
    LittleBill ... "The riches of a man can be measured by what he can do without"
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    If anyone can tell me how much wombling is to much, what generates a letter from tesco please tell me.

I don't think anyone will know the exact answer to your question. How long is a piece of string?:rolleyes:

My advice would be to only go for receipts with at least 20/30 points or more. Don't bother picking ones up with 1/2/3/4 points on - not worth the hassle imo - you will be drawing too much attention to yourself.

I only get points added on approx once a week - sometimes every other week. I usually hand over 2 receipts at a time or maybe 3 at the very most. I also try to go to a different CS person each time (so my face doesn't get too familiar ;) )

I have 2 Clubcards, so I don't just get them all added onto the 1 card.

I'm really surprised at how some people have reacted to 'wombling' - imo we are doing Tesco a favour by helping them remove litter from Car Parks and Trolleys :A

Happy wombling! :D

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ramellous1 wrote:
    Imagine that, £2 BILLION, and people spend time castigating folk and calling them pathetic for managing to wangle a couple of quid extra on their clubcard. Tesco want you to have this card, it gathers vast amounts of data they can use in their business. It is for their benefit not ours and they throw us a few pence payment for this valuable data.

The clubcard is for gathering data - agreed.
    So what happens when a bunch of wombles skew that data so that it doesn't mean anything? It becomes worthless to tesco. Are tesco going to keep paying a few pence for useless data? Maybe not.

In any case, if this is a rising trend, there's no doubt that teso will stop adding points to cards from receipts.

So, when you're busy wangling your couple of extra quid on your clubcard, have a thought for the rest of us on MSE who'll pay for it next time we forget our card.
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Don't forget your card then! ;)
    If you do, then get a Clubcard application, which includes a paper Clubcard which you can use straight away.

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • LittleBill
    LittleBill Posts: 1,543 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Idiophreak wrote:
    So, when you're busy wangling your couple of extra quid on your clubcard, have a thought for the rest of us on MSE who'll pay for it next time we forget our card.

Sorry ... but I really don't understand your point ... How do you pay?
    LittleBill ... "The riches of a man can be measured by what he can do without"
  • ramellous1
    Idiophreak wrote:
    So what happens when a bunch of wombles skew that data so that it doesn't mean anything? It becomes worthless to tesco. Are tesco going to keep paying a few pence for useless data? Maybe not.

/QUOTE]

How much of a problem do you think this is really for the colossus that is Tesco. 1 out of every pound spent on the high st is in Tesco.

According to Tesco chief executive, Sir Terry Leahy, 'Our market share of UK retailing is 12.5 per cent - that leaves 87.5 per cent to go after. Tesco's turnover is £30 billion, more than double that of Sainsbury and Asda, and it is bigger than many countries.

30 billion turnover and 2 billion profits with 87.5% of the market to go for. Do you really really think Tesco are concerned about a few MSE'ers wangling a some miniscule extra clubcard money. Do you know what £2 billion is? Can you visualise it? And it grows every year.

Actually all these Tesco threads are free publicity for them. We spend money in Tesco while we look for a till spit or a discarded receipt. This is money not spent in Asda or Sainsburys so their market share goes even higher. Look at their share price. Yes we really are taking them to the cleaners are'nt we? Come on now, get real.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure