wombling in tesco - what's safe

Options

Comments

• Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh for goodness sake Mark! I am sure you are winding us up.
    I have a whole LOAD of stamps I've soaked in water to remove and then will glue onto envelopes when needed. It isn't theft. The royal mail have DELIVERED THEM THRU MY DOOR!!!!!
    Sorry mate but you really do need to get your priorities right.
    I think you should go join friends of the earth, the pdsa nspcc or some such group and channel all that energy and self righteousness into something worthwhile rather than having a go at people who strive to save a few bob here and there!

Watch your halo doesn't get damaged tho ;) :A
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • Discodee
    Options
    Hales wrote: »
    Seriously it's brightening up my day thinking are they womblers or aren't they!! :confused:

They varied but we had one guy that came in twice a day, every day!! after a month we stopped him. Another came every night and we knew he was wombling, eventually we caught him picking reciepts up so banned him from having points added at the desk, even when he forgot to put his card thru at the till and i saw him walk straight from the till to the desk!! :rotfl:
    aaaah, well that is probably taking it a tad far. I sometimes put 2 receipts on once a week, sometimes 2. very rarely 3. If we're going out somewhere I'll nip into a foreign tesco and do it there!
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmmm...5p off a litre receipt slips 'completely irrelevant to the general subject of wombling', eh Mark?

Not everyone wombles receipts, I know I hardly ever do.

Most of us wombles look for till-spit bonus points offers (the safest thing to womble). That's what many of us here are talking about when we refer to wombling, many of the posts on this thread have mentioned till-spits, not receipts.

So are all those posts irrelevant, or is it that you think wombling only refers to picking up receipts? It doesn't, the phrase was coined ages ago to cover all litter-picking in Supermarket car-parks for points/monetary gain (and previously also in Boots stores but they stopped that I believe, before I joined MSE!).

Thing is, I cannot see the difference between wombling a till-spit that says '100 points when you spend £4 on ready meals' and a till-spit that says 5p off when you buy petrol. There's nothing making either of these till-spits non-transferable is there?

P.S. I learnt the idea of reusing unfranked stamps from my parents...who both worked for the Post Office lol! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Discodee
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »
    Coupon-mad and Afur You really do make me sad. Now you are proud to defraud the Royal Mail, which is state-owned and hence indirectly you are defrauding me and everyone else who pays taxes.

I have to wonder whether your morality really does boil down to "I'll do anything I like as long as I won't get caught".
    Ah yes, that's me.:cool: :rolleyes:

Don't print your address whatever you do, or 'll be round for the video later;)

I dunno. Discarded receipts and stamps posted thru your own door by the RM!:rolleyes: :rotfl:
  • Discodee
    Options
    Evening CM. Bit late for an old girl like me, and I have two kids to make sarnies for in the morning and a busy day ahead defrauding tesco, the royal mail and such like, so i am off to bed now.
    Night night
  • Discodee
    Options
    P.S I think you should change your siggy to "The wombler is always right" LOL
    Night all. xx
  • ArmchairTycoon
    Options
    I used to take the moral high ground on a lot of things, but I got older and wiser and many experiences of life have changed that outlook.

Royal Mail have lost countless items of mine and made me jump through hoops often outright refusing compensation despite following their protocols and having the correct paperwork, I have no qualms about reusing a few unfranked stamps, it still doesn't make up for my losses, and as for Tesco I hate them with a passion, I was arrested once after they falsely accused me of fraud using money off coupons in someone else name, which I hadn't, I never received an apology, at least the Police were !!!!ed off enough about having their time wasted that they read the manager the riot act, so I will short of actually shoplifting screw this company any way I legitimately can.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »

Coupon-mad and Afur You really do make me sad. Now you are proud to defraud the Royal Mail, which is state-owned and hence indirectly you are defrauding me and everyone else who pays taxes.

I have to wonder whether your morality really does boil down to "I'll do anything I like as long as I won't get caught".

:grouphug::wave::hello::grinheart:kisses3::D:j

Thought I'd send you some happy smilies 'cos your obviously a bit of a bit miserable.Let the negativity go maaaan (or womanaaan) just chill.;):rolleyes::Dxx
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Discodee
    Options
    Where's Mark tonight. has he been picked up by a Womble?
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Options
    This thread has got very boring indeed.

Particularly with the womblers demonstrating (a) their inability to read my clearly-expressed points and always going off on tangents and (b) their complete disdain for morality or legality.

Before I go, I'd just say:

- two wrongs don't make a right;
    - it isn't picking up the receipts or receiving the stamps, it's using them fraudulently that is wrong; and
    - I've never said anything (except once by mistake) ;) about using till-spit coupons. If they don't say they are only for the use of the recipient, then they are legitimate to use. All my comments have been aimed at the practice of deceiving Tesco into crediting points onto your Clubcard account when you didn't spend the money yourself.

Had enough now - bye.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport