wombling in tesco - what's safe

Options

Comments

• darkteckno
    darkteckno Posts: 639 Forumite
    Options
    I can just see them not adding on points later soon due to the selfish greedy people that womble. God this place is like a run down council estate sometimes.
  • Carmina_Piranha_3
    Options
    :confused:

i haven't wombled before but i did once find a till spit on the floor and i used it. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. it's not like finding money on the floor - people choose to drop litter.
    'bad mothers club' member 13

* I have done geography as well *
  • zippybungle
    zippybungle Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Options
    Womblers are doing Tesco a favour by picking up the litter!
    I found a receipt in my trolley with over 130 points on at the weekend, of course I shall get the points added on at CS :p

Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • gardener
    gardener Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    possibly means when paying at pump for petrol,ie inserting credit/clubcard,this is for full size cards,clubcard plus card is full size if paying with that,as i do at pump
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think there maybe some people on here who have taken the legal baton and have shoved it way tooo far up their backsides.

I womble, if it keeps you up all night in cold sweats, then all be it. The account isnt even in my name, I pick the receipts, then I give them to my aunt to credit on her account. Its not like im walking around the car park taking indecent photos of children.

I dont get ashamed easily. Maybe thats it.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your aunt will really appreciate your actions if she gets her Clubcard points taken away from her (including her genuine ones).

And there's no need for offensive comments. "Some people on here" are just expressing their opinions about the legality of wombling, based on common sense and similar legal cases which have been in the press recently. That's all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    One legal case that was in the press recently.

I think Carmina Piranha has pointed out the main difference between wombling and posting blank paper in the ss till.....in the latter case the same points are being claimed again and again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see anyone post details of any known case of anyone being taken to court for just wombling points. I would be interested if anyone knows of any such case? I think the CPS only pursued the copper because of his job, to make an example of his 'cheating'.

Taking points away is a possibility I am sure, if Tesco were certain that the t&cs had been broken. In practice they can't always be sure so they may just send jinkssick's aunty a 'warning, we've sussed you' type letter like I received when I got a bit carried away with regularly wombling lots of small receipts last year. I didn't lose any points.

I prefer to pick up any discarded till-spit extra points offers instead now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I think Carmina Piranha has pointed out the main difference between wombling and posting blank paper in the ss till.....in the latter case the same points are being claimed again and again.
    We can go round in circles if you like, but the essential point in that legal case wasn't that he was claiming the same points again and again, but that he was obtaining points fraudulently (i.e. points which he was not entitled to). Just like wombling.
  • Bacon_Sandwich_3
    Options
    Timmne wrote: »
    Whatever..... yes, of course :rolleyes: .

It happened to R&R, so it's not unlikely. Tesco don't do things necessarily to stop them losing money, they do things to stop people taking them for mugs and it usually impacts on the people that use these things in the way they were intended.

No,tosco's just like taking people for mugs.......They are flying high at the minute and think they are unstoppable,little realising that it was the people who put them there and it will be the people that can take them down again. In my eyes they are too high and mighty at the minute.It should start now where the people who are overcharged should report them to TS and make sure they get fined for every offence they commit.They used a poxy excuse to stop R&R and if people just let it go,like i expect most do,they will get away with it.Being England i am sure they will as if like me you noticed the Brits are great for moaning about something and doing nothing about it as it's tooooooooo much hassle and maybe just maybe someone else will do something about it?
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way.The truth, and the life."
    "No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

There can be only one 'GOD'
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »
    We can go round in circles if you like, but the essential point in that legal case wasn't that he was claiming the same points again and again, but that he was obtaining points fraudulently (i.e. points which he was not entitled to). Just like wombling.

I like going round in circles I do......:D

Just a thought, what do the anti-wombling brigade think about the ethics of using a money-off coupon that someone has dropped outside in the carpark? You know, 50p off Daz or something. If I went instore and used it for money off against my shopping (lets say I actually do buy some Daz) would you say that's obtaining a discount by deception?

Can't see the difference myself so I would still happily womble anything with a barcode (except small-value receipts, to stay under the radar).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure