wombling in tesco - what's safe

Options

Comments

• FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    i haven't noticed. but tesco know which clubcard vouchers you have redeemed. i lost some vouchers during a house move and when i called tesco they knew exactly how much i had lost because they have some way of knowing which vouchers i had redeemed and which ones i hadn't.

i can't see any benefit to tesco staff if they were to pocket vouchers. if they are already redeemed then they have no value. i suppose you could sell a redeemed voucher and just let the buyer find out it is worthless.

on the subject of having more than one clubcard account per address - you can't use keyfobs at the petrol stations so a 2 car family would need a big card each, or to keep swapping it between them depending on who was most likely to buy petrol that day.

We use the keyfob at the petrol station, always have no problem.:confused:

Points vouchers are not cancelled when they are scanned, they could be scanned again and would still work.
    Clubcard vouchers are different they have individual bardcodes that can be traced back to accounts so can only be used once.
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a points voucher scanned and the next one has beeped but the SA has handed me back the wrong one and it will scan again and can be re-used.

the blue clubcard vouchers are barcoded so can only be used once.

Welshy x
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    leadhead wrote: »
    At least until Tesco decide they dont like what you are doing.

My National Tesco ban is for policy abuse, at the time I was RandRing, and getting Golden RandRs and wombling...........

I have receipts with 5,000 (recent) unclaimed points if anyone wants to test my theory.................no sorry cant send them.....you may work for Tescos, then I'm up the creek...........

Hiya leadhead - when did you get the national tesco ban ? that is terrible

Welshy x
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • n3phi1im
    n3phi1im Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can't use keyfobs at the petrol stations so a 2 car family would need a big card each, or to keep swapping it between them depending on who was most likely to buy petrol that day.

I have never had a problem with using a fob at the petrol station.

There is nothing in the T&C about this. Where did you get this info from?
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    Options
    dervish wrote: »
    Agreed. It is theft.

Not only is this legally bad but it is also morally wrong too.

What will we see next on this forum - ways to scam pensioners?! :mad:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Drunken_duck_2
    Options
    dervish wrote: »
    Agreed. It is theft.

Not only is this legally bad but it is also morally wrong too.

What will we see next on this forum - ways to scam pensioners?! :mad:

Ask any Tesco Employee and im sure they have a list as long as their Arm on How to scam the elderly.

Lets see, over-charge on majority of products, and not honoring the policy. Tesco's have it all sussed out how to scam. We are merely saying that if you cant beat 'em, join 'em. lol

:rotfl:
    Bzz Agent Campaign Ending Dates

NiQuitin 3rd August= 10 Days Left

Why not walk it 10 August= 17 days Left

The second wife 6th Sept= 44 days Left

Activia Yogurt 18 Sept= 56 days Left

Intuition Razor(2) 11th Sept = 49 days left
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Options
    n3phi1im wrote: »
    I came to MSE a it is a community devoted to helping each other to save money. When I find a thread where accusations are made of criminal activity, I am shocked and dismayed at the lack of community spirit. I am no legal expert but there seems to be a lot of bad blood in this thread. Perhaps a look at each point might help.
    • The law that applies to abandoned or lost goods can be found summarised here.
      However, these receipts are neither lost nor abandoned - they are discarded. Collecting these receipts is in no way illegal.
    • Using the receipts to gain extra points. Tescos Clubcard T&C says

It does not say that you can have points added any other way. It follows therefore that points added by CS are added entirely at the discretion of Tesco.
    • Clubcard points are theoretical things with no existence in reality and no intrinsic value (vouchers are however different in that they have a physical reality and a real value). Remember that it is Tesco disrection as to whether they get added or not. Obtaining points in this way may be considered an abuse of the system but can never be 'Fraud'.
    • Womblers are aware that this is an abuse of the system and are aware that they may lose their Clubcard if caught. Saying that it is a criminal offense is just scaremongering. What next, you gonna start calling them Terrorists??
    • Please remember that morals are a personal thing and those who shove theirs into the faces of others are not making any freinds and instead are likely to get laughed at just like the Kansas State Board for Education. (I know its old news but it still makes me laugh :rotfl:)

Oh yeah, if it were illegal, would MSE allow this discussion???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/27/ntesco27.xml

Nuff said.
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »

MarkyMark - Nowhere have I read in this thread that anybody thinks it is right to scan coupons and then put a plain piece of paper in. I stand to be corrected.

A lawful abiding but bargain hunting, clubcard fanatic and MSE'r.

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Options
    In this thread (indeed, in the post which I quoted, and others) it has been stated that there is no fraud involved in wombling because Clubcard points don't have any value.

The only thing which this policeman stole from Tesco was Clubcard points - the voucher he was scanning repeatedly was an "extra points" voucher, not a money off one.

So the argument that stealing Clubcard points from Tesco by wombling is not fraud, and could never lead to prosecution, is complete tosh.

That's why I posted the link.
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »
    In this thread (indeed, in the post which I quoted, and others) it has been stated that there is no fraud involved in wombling because Clubcard points don't have any value.

The only thing which this policeman stole from Tesco was Clubcard points - the voucher he was scanning repeatedly was an "extra points" voucher, not a money off one.

So the argument that stealing Clubcard points from Tesco by wombling is not fraud, and could never lead to prosecution, is complete tosh.

That's why I posted the link.

Fair comment. Personally I don't womble myself and I do believe that 'stealing clubcard points' from a store is illegal. At the same time I think that using the loopholes to your advantage is fine.

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family