🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I managed my night out last night :j. In the real world :D. With real people :rotfl:. We had a lovely time, food and company were both excellent (although I was naughty and had a pizza even though I'd convinced myself all day that I'd be good and stick to a tomato based pasta :o). I also had a few glasses of wine. The scales will not be pretty on Tuesday as I can't get away with anything :(. Never mind, it was worth it, though I'm shattered today.

This morning has been the Beavers/Cubs/Scouts coffee morning and raffle so it's been an early start and a busy one. We haven't counted up the totals yet but it looks like we've done well. Our new hut goes up in June so all the money goes towards that.

Just having a late lunch then I'm at work tonight. It's the St George's Day Service tomorrow also. I'll be pleased when it's all done and I can relax.

Oooh, just had a call from my Mum whilst typing, offering to have the boys sleep over tonight :T:T Xx

If anyone deserves lots of wine, pizza and a good night out its you Be Lucky !

I am glad you had fun after everything that's been going on.

Great news re your mum offering to have the boys tonight. Have a lovely relaxing evening xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    If anyone deserves lots of wine, pizza and a good night out its you Be Lucky !

I am glad you had fun after everything that's been going on.

Great news re your mum offering to have the boys tonight. Have a lovely relaxing evening xx

^^^ Ditto! :D

Cheers, Mum! :T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both! Relaxation will come at about 9.30pm when I'm home from work and sat down. Now I just have to stay awake until then :cool:. Xx

Ps I'll be pointing out that I'd rather NOT have a call at 7am tomorrow morning like last time!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both! Relaxation will come at about 9.30pm when I'm home from work and sat down. Now I just have to stay awake until then :cool:. Xx

Ps I'll be pointing out that I'd rather NOT have a call at 7am tomorrow morning like last time!!

Unplug the phone and turn off the mobile !!! :rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,779 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually, I'd say "no calls before 9am allowed, as mummy is planning a lovely lie-in thanks to granny's kindness" (sotto voce to mum that of course a real emergency would be different).

Glad you had a lovely night with real-life friends.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed every mouthful of your pizza and wine you earned it lady :T

How is Mr Plmbl after his meds increase? we usually have a plan in place of a new meds dose for missy Hinge for if she has repeat episodes of seizures we are currently sat in no mans land as she isn't heavy enough to increase this drug any more so have no forward plan and currently no consultant as her's left and they haven't found a replacement yet :eek:

I hope you enjoy your child free night and that work isn't too busy tonight

Take care of yourself

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • JustAboutThere
    Options

Absolutely! Really glad you managed a night out and hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hope your evening at work went without a hitch and you get a good night's sleep and a lie in tomorrow

granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi PLMBL you know I only dip in every now and then. So I kind of get a snap shot of how things are going for you.

Well done on 2 and a half stone weight lost. I have only a stone to lose but it seems to be epoxyed to my hide at the moment.

Sorry to hear about the seizures again and the problems getting it all sorted out with the DWP. Can you not get respite care for you OH? I think it is very unfair for YOU not to get a decent break EVER. I don't think you should feel bad about him having time away, if you broke down totally then other care would have to be arranged anyway....
    Hope I am not speaking out of turn. But you have to look after you too
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lovely to have so many of you stop by!!

Mrs H I'm sorry to hear of your predicament with Missy H's consultant. It's just not good enough, particularly when it concerns a little girl. DH has been ok but snappy after increasing his meds, though I can't say that it's the meds fault as he is prone to that anyway. I need to phone the Epilepsy Nurse tomorrow to see if we are going to stick with the current plan or if the Consultant wants to try something else.

Chev, you aren't speaking out of turn. I know I can't do everything alone and I'm trying not to be so control-freaky about it. I've thought about asking MiL if DH can stay there, but she wouldn't hear him if he seizures through the night and obviously that bothers me. Also, I'd only really get a true break if the boys stayed over too and then it seems an awful hassle for a very selfish reason. They all stayed over when I was in hospital though so it's not impossible.

Work was busy but not horrific so the shift went ok. MiL brought DH into the store to do the little bit of shopping I needed so that I could come straight home when I finished :T. Bless him though he kept coming up to my counter to check he was getting the right thing even though I'd written a very detailed list! Just chilled out in front of the tv last night and had a lie in until 8.15am this morning! That's practically lunchtime!!!

No phone calls this morning. Infact, no phone calls at all!! Mum and the boys just rocked up at 11am without warning :rotfl:.

St George's Day Service went well, although we had to leave the refreshments afterwards as DH felt a bit vague and we didn't want to chance anything in a room full of kids. The Coffee morning/raffle yesterday made over £1k :T

Talking of money, I got an annual statement for the LTSB card that we cleared and closed fairly recently. We paid over £550 in interest alone in the last year while we were paying it off, and that is probably half what we paid the year before due to the decreasing balance. It makes me feel physically sick!! Never again! All our debt is 0% now and I plan on keeping it that way til I owe nothing at all.

Watching Obese a Year To Save My Life at the moment, trying to get my head back in gear. I've been eating a load of rubbish since my night out on Friday and I need to stop it!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills