When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Options

Comments

• millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Yay to being a loser. I am a loser too and happy to be :D
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Congrats on being a loser again, Lucky! :j

(Alas cannot join you - gained half a kilo over Easter :().
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Currently a gainer :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Beanie, I think you have more than enough reason to be a gainer at the moment. Sorry to read on the other thread that things are still unresolved. Big hugs Xx

Thanks for the encourgement everyone! DH and I went to the gym this morninh in the hope of being a loser next week too. I've only had a little bit of chocolate egg today :o.

It's my best friends birthday tomorrow so I've had a bit of a spendy day. She told me not to get her anything as a few of us are going out for a meal on Friday night, so she said she'd rather I spent my money on that :A. I couldn't not get anything at all though so I've bought her a bottle of wine and some flowers. Really looking forward to Friday, can't remember the last time I was 'out with the girls'. Or even just 'out' :p.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Beanie, I think you have more than enough reason to be a gainer at the moment. Sorry to read on the other thread that things are still unresolved. Big hugs Xx

Thanks for the encourgement everyone! DH and I went to the gym this morninh in the hope of being a loser next week too. I've only had a little bit of chocolate egg today :o.

It's my best friends birthday tomorrow so I've had a bit of a spendy day. She told me not to get her anything as a few of us are going out for a meal on Friday night, so she said she'd rather I spent my money on that :A. I couldn't not get anything at all though so I've bought her a bottle of wine and some flowers. Really looking forward to Friday, can't remember the last time I was 'out with the girls'. Or even just 'out' :p.

I've been really moved by the story of Stephen Sutton, the teenager who is dying of cancer and wanted to raise £1m for the Teenage Cancer Trust before he passes away, which looks to be any day now. All the celebs have got behind his campaign and they've managed it for him. Such a brave guy and makes me feel pathetic for ever feeling sorry for myself. Life is so precious.

On a much more mundane and unimportant topic, no phone call from First Utility (why am I not surprised?) or the MP's office today.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Ooh how weird, a half post and a full post at the same time. Don't know how I managed that!! Xx
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I also saw that story on FB about the money raised :) it was lovely and sad at the same time :(

Well done on losing again! I have most definitely put on :( so glad the scales at home are broken because I think i'd be in for a shock if I saw my real weight rather than the one in my head :eek:
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope things get sorted soon Lucky. Well done on the weight loss and getting back into old clothes. Have fun on Friday you really deserve to!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well I'm awake as DH had another seizure a while ago. Full tonic clonic seizure again, starting while he was asleep. There really is no pattern to this! 13 days since the last one and his 3rd in 6 weeks :(. They are getting much closer together and this time was no warnings or build up, apart from a bad temper/stroppiness before bed which, lets face it, happens regularly anyway.

Gave him the buccal which stopped the seizure. Just lying here now hoping he doesn't go again or it's a 999 job. Fingers crossed Xx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awww PLMBL so sorry to hear about DH's seizure, hope that was it and he didnt have another.

Well done on your weight loss xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family