The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• lemonpopsicle
    lemonpopsicle Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's £1 but dd to NR goes out on 1st so I won't bother sending £1 now :D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NicoleWild wrote: »
    Both Capital one and BT are threatening to take me to court for a CCJ. I was thinking, I can afford to pay £70 a week, so perhaps £35 a week for them both? That way I'm still paying them.

The level 3 Qual has no interest.

AH and I knew I forgot something, my HSBC overdraft of £500, I pay £20 a month off with that so there is still money going in just not a lot lol

Ok so push the qualification towards the rear. Council tax and T Mobile first, thats two done. Then speak to Capital one and BT and offer them the payments explain about the other debts, be warned you might be asked to do a statement of affairs but actually they are great way to make sure you are spending money in the right areas and cutting back in others.
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My housemate has been with her gym for over a year, so she gets to bring along a friend for free on weekends, so I quickly jumped in on that! But going to the gym has gotten me really tempted to get a membership for myself somewhere a bit more convenient, so I can go during the week.

Membership is £30/month and if I did, I'd be giving up my weekly Zumba class (£5 per week), so I know the price won't work out too high in reality. I just really can't decide if it's worth it? I need some opinions from the penny pinchers out there!
  • vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    Hi everyone - new members too! Hope yr all enjoying our long awaited summer :D Hope yr sun tans are more pleasant than on Jemma's neighbour lol

I am waiting, waiting, waiting for Friday and sorting out new debt repayments. Hope to be just over 55% paid off - pretty please universe - though have garage bill next week, road tax is scarily high and haven't even started looking at house/car insurance due in June :whistle:

Keep that motivation going :T
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello newbies :wave:

Now to those of you moaning about 31 days in May :naughty: , there has to be as my sons birthday is that date, if it wasnt there then he would be born in June which means he wouldnt be th same month as me and his sisters middle name would make no sense! :rotfl:

No payments for me today, been to primani and spent £18.80 and went to bingo (for free) and won nowt :( so a pretty thorough non day for me debt busting wise. Hopefully a better day tomorrow :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • catmort
    catmort Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My housemate has been with her gym for over a year, so she gets to bring along a friend for free on weekends, so I quickly jumped in on that! But going to the gym has gotten me really tempted to get a membership for myself somewhere a bit more convenient, so I can go during the week.

Membership is £30/month and if I did, I'd be giving up my weekly Zumba class (£5 per week), so I know the price won't work out too high in reality. I just really can't decide if it's worth it? I need some opinions from the penny pinchers out there!

£30 is quite good for gym prices, provided you'll actually go (you'd be on your own, remember so would have to motivate yourself) - and is there a contract so if you're not going you can't cancel for a year? Do they do zumba classes at the gym? If so then I'd go for it. Health is really important and is worth it I think (unless you really can't afford it as you could still do exercise for free).
    Debt Free by Xmas 2012 member #281: £6,627.08/£7,735.45 (85.67%)
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right guys, I've been updating my spreadsheets and catching up on the posts all night (ermmmmmmm ashamed to say I last updated on page 74!!!!!) Anyway, I'm now up to 84 so will continue tomorrow, however here is the epic post with another to follow once I'm totally up to date. I will update page 1 once it's all done xxx

Avogirly – hey hun, what did you decide to do with the watch? Did you sell it on Ebay?

Trying Hard – what kind of teaching will you be starting in September? I am so glad that you’ve now got the work life balance that you deserve and your health is greatly improving. I am a firm believer that there is nothing more important than your health!

1stTimer – when’s payday hun? I can’t wait to see your total go past £1000, what a great milestone!

Spagbol – another milestone beaten!!! You are doing absolutely amazingly!!!

Bonglecat – You are doing so well and sound so motivated, it’s lovely to read your progress.

Affordmylife – how are you doing hun? I hope you’ve been enjoying the lovely sunshine.

His missus – how is the weightloss going hun? Are you still at your plateau or are you on the move again? I’ve just reached your post with the Mexican wave smiley monsters and it’s made me giggle again...

Antonia1 – “With the debt, don't forget that even though you aren't making a dent in it this month, you have come so far already, and you are taking control with planning ahead.” Very very true Antonia. I think people sometimes don’t give themselves enough credit for how far they’ve come on their debt journey. It’s so easy to see not paying any extra off your debt as a failure but it’s just as important that they’ve changed their habits and have not increased their debts. It’s very important that we all remember how much better our lives are for taking control!

Kerri_dfw – Wow, according to your signature you’ve paid off over £300k on your own!!! How much jewellery have you sold???? Hahaha! All this talk of dentists is making me cringe... I am absolutely 100% terrified of going, so much so that I’ve not seen a dentist in over 7 yrs... It’s stupid really as one of my close friends is a dentist and even my dad (who is completely needle-phobe, he’s worse than me!) says he honestly doesn’t feel it. He feels the pain of paying him more! A true MSE-er is my dad... Well, since I get some money from my company health insurance then I thought I’d might as well get some work done since there is a question mark over me staying so I’m booked in for next Friday morning and I’m bricking it. I feel like the cowardly lion from Oz! Have you been checking on your allotment this week missy??? Did you go to the stitch and b1tch???

Maddie57 – Hey Maddie, that is superb, we all have blips but the important thing is that you haven’t given up. Instead you put your foot down and paid not just your new debt but also started to make a dent in your existing debt. That is fantastic so please be proud of yourself!

Camuk81 – are any of the meds working now? How are you feeling? What did the doctor say hun? How is your suit making going? Glad to hear that things are picking up and your child (sorry I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl...) is starting to behave, I bet it’s taking a lot of the stress away x

Minicooper272 – I know what you mean about healthy food being expensive! I’m trying to eat well 80% of the time to allow for splurges but unfortunately I think my % is the wrong way round! Oh well, it’s not giving up that counts...I think!

Katiec950 – If you’ve been working all the time then I’ll bet you were really glad to see your wage this month! Well done for working so hard x

EyesWideOpen – how is your new job going? Are you still working loads of overtime?

Dd1981 – I know, it’s wonderful every time one us hits that DFD! I don’t know about you but it really gives me a boost (and a kick up the !!!!...). You’ve paid a hug amount off yourself and are soooooo close to 50% so come on, let’s kick that debt booty! Wow, less than 14 weeks until you get married, I bet you’re really excited!!!

BrandNewStart – well done on tackling your OD, in some ways trying to change your spending habits (and stopping the ostrich head in the sand behaviour) is more important than paying off debts as it becomes sustainable and there won’t be as much temptation for splurges. Just believe in yourself a bit more each day and you will come to realise that you can do this and that there isn’t always bad luck just around the corner. Stay positive cos you’re doing fantastic! 83 miles???? Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruthy1604 – OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh how was Spain? Where did you go??? I hope you had a splendiferous time! Hey, 11 miles is definitely not to be sniffed at, we are proud of you too x

Smoosh – fab to hear from you hun and that you are still plugging away at your debts.

Psychopathbabble – yowzer, your totals just keep climbing!!! Have you managed to sort out your pre-admission date yet? Have a fantastic time in HK and BKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come back safe and sound x

Rosiest – I really feel your pain about finding your perfect house. Just remember that you are doing something about your debt so stay strong and remember that your perfect house will come at the right time (that’s what I keep telling myself anyway...)

Loubie_lou – Wahoo on your car passing it’s MOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumof3plusoh – Fab news on your £300 payment AND getting over 50% AND being under £1000 to go AND aiming to be debt free by August, sounds like you’re on top form!!!!

Fritterprincess – A VERY BELATED BUT HEARTFELT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you had a lovely day, the weather was gorgeous xxx

Jakes-mum – Yay for getting your mums card down to £300, well done!

Mrso2b – I agree that the snowball calculator is fab, it really helps you to decide where to pay off your hard earned cash. You’re doing brilliantly hun

Theatregal83 – Hello and a much belated welcome to the team, I hope you’ve settled in well!

Nctmum – you’ve nearly hit 30% so I think it’s a brilliant total!

Superheavy – Yay for the loan payment! Another step closer...

Mrsyallop – you are a whisker away from 45%, come on you can do it!!!

Fallenwiccan – oh hun that is such good news about your OHs mam, I’m soooooo chuffed for you and your family. Puts everything into perspective. X
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    suzitiger wrote: »
    Is there a mini challenge this week Kerri? I've not been doing very well with them recently lol
    Gosh I keep forgetting about them, I think I've missed a week eep! Have I?

This weeks mini challenge: Switch it off!!!
    This week you have to turn everything off when you're not using it, lights, tv's, cookers, if it has a consumption rate then turn it off :) This applies to dripping taps, electrical items that you normally turn off at the remote turn them off at wall.
    camuk81 wrote: »
    It's scary Kerri when you start adding it all up what that extra £35 would mean in interest purposes.

Prime example my debt before I joined you guys I would have paid £7,533.02 in interest alone now I'm looking at £2,220.82.
    Ah I wasn't going to pay the £35 on credit though, and it works out much, much cheaper than the machine I really want but don't need
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Kerri_dfw – Wow, according to your signature you’ve paid off over £300k on your own!!! How much jewellery have you sold???? Hahaha! All this talk of dentists is making me cringe... I am absolutely 100% terrified of going, so much so that I’ve not seen a dentist in over 7 yrs... It’s stupid really as one of my close friends is a dentist and even my dad (who is completely needle-phobe, he’s worse than me!) says he honestly doesn’t feel it. He feels the pain of paying him more! A true MSE-er is my dad... Well, since I get some money from my company health insurance then I thought I’d might as well get some work done since there is a question mark over me staying so I’m booked in for next Friday morning and I’m bricking it. I feel like the cowardly lion from Oz! Have you been checking on your allotment this week missy??? Did you go to the stitch and b1tch???
    I noticed that earlier and forgot to change it oops! It's missing a decimal place haha!
    I haven't sold any jewellery in ages, but I should really make some more and sell it.
    I used to be terrified of the dentist, now I just get on with it. I'd rather go than have my teeth fall out :)
    I went to the lottie on Saturday, did some weeding but it was too hot to do more than 2 hrs worth. I'm going to go back up there Friday evening when I get my car from the spot it's parked in, I'm pretty busy with work this week. I did go to the st1tch and b1tch and it was funtimes :) going again on Thursday, it's weekly which is much better than the WI where if they cancelled it then there wasn't one for agggges.

Well I'm in Scotland now, Livingstone to be precise... I'm on an overnight shift from 10pm - 7am and I don't think I have enough glucose drinks to keep me going, I don't have those high caffeine ones as I know they're bad for your heart. I need to be extremely MSE this month as I might be being flown out to Montreal for 2 weeks work on a customer site, which will tie in nicely with my OH coming back as he's going to go via Montreal :D 2 weeks in a hotel, with my OH having not seen him for 4 months WELL DONE WORK :D:D:D love my job!!!

Hurry up payday so I can find out how much I'm being paid!!!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »

This week you have to turn everything off when you're not using it, lights, tv's, cookers, if it has a consumption rate then turn it off :) This applies to dripping taps, electrical items that you normally turn off at the remote turn them off at wall.

*snip

Yep :rotfl:

But don't worry about it, I don't think anybody noticed 'cos they've all been outside enjoying the sunshine ;)

Welcome to the Newbies, if you haven't already seen any of Kerri's Cosmic Challenges then here's a link to a list.
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »

Ooh a challenge I can do easily. We do this in our house all the time but never really thought bout it til yesterday actually when a guy came found to talk to us about getting solar panels he was going on about how to make the most out of the energy they produce etc and said "at least your children are small so they won't use a lot of electric like teenagers do leaving everything plugged in and switched on, laptops, mp3, mobiles, etc" I thought well that probably won't happen in our house cos when we go out/ tell DD it's bed time she automatically goes round turning everything off :D

It's especially funny at bedtime when DH is sat watching tele and she switches it off at the plug saying "it's bedtime now daddy" (7pm!) :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business