The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options
1484485486487488490»

Comments

• seriousDFW
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Well folks, that's it, end of the challenge. What an incredible year.

We have collectively paid off a staggering

:j:j:j£668,069.07:j:j:j

It's hard to put into words what this feels like, to know that a group of strangers have come together with a common goal to beat the debt and have paid off such a sum of money. On the way we have made some truly special friends. Some have achieved the ultimate goal of becoming debt free whilst others have paid massive chunks of debt off and still have a little way to go. For some the road is longer but I believe we have all changed for the better through this challenge. We have all won. We have control of our lives back and don't live with the constant weight and fear of debt anymore. Just the act of taking control has been incredibly liberating. The knowledge we have all shared with each other has opened doors we never knew existed and people who once thought they were completely hopeless with money and will power are now passing on their knowledge and experience to others.

Thank you all for being a part of this journey, the inspiration and laughs we have had along the way have been incredible. We have shared tears and hard times and congratulated the births and personal achievements. I feel honoured, proud and humbled to have been on this journey with each and every one of you. I sincerely wish you all the very best and hope that you continue to pass the message on to others that you can do anything you put your mind to. Let's inspire a new generation of people to achieve what we have done.

Have a wonderful debt free/reduced Christmas and I'll hopefully see you around on the next thread.

Good bye *sniffle sniffle* :cry::cry::cry:

Jemma xxx

Jemma, what a fantastic summary and I agree with all of the sentiments. I remember you posting before this challenge and you seemed to be very low because of some circumstances, and the sense of increasing positivity you have posted with has genuinely spurred me on. I really hope you are sticking around for 2013. When I read your signature and saw how little debt you now have compared to what you started with, it just overwhelms me how far you've come. The amount you've got now seems like nothing, and I can't wait for many more of us to become DF, or closer to being DF, in 2013.

I had a lovely Christmas Day and Boxing Day and while I'm not DF, I feel much more positive about it.

To anyone reading this at the start of a DF journey, please stick with it - it feels horrible to start with but there is always a solution and it just takes time to reach your goal. In some respect it doesn't matter how long it actually takes, because just taking control of the situation removes much of the burden of debt.

Well done to all 2012ers and good luck to all 2013ers!
    DFBX2013: 021 :j seriousDFW £0 [STRIKE] £3,374[/STRIKE] 100% Paid off
    Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • HelenPie
    Options

It's hard to put into words what this feels like, to know that a group of strangers have come together with a common goal to beat the debt and have paid off such a sum of money. On the way we have made some truly special friends. Some have achieved the ultimate goal of becoming debt free whilst others have paid massive chunks of debt off and still have a little way to go. For some the road is longer but I believe we have all changed for the better through this challenge. We have all won. We have control of our lives back and don't live with the constant weight and fear of debt anymore. Just the act of taking control has been incredibly liberating. The knowledge we have all shared with each other has opened doors we never knew existed and people who once thought they were completely hopeless with money and will power are now passing on their knowledge and experience to others.

Thank you all for being a part of this journey, the inspiration and laughs we have had along the way have been incredible. We have shared tears and hard times and congratulated the births and personal achievements. I feel honoured, proud and humbled to have been on this journey with each and every one of you. I sincerely wish you all the very best and hope that you continue to pass the message on to others that you can do anything you put your mind to. Let's inspire a new generation of people to achieve what we have done.

Have a wonderful debt free/reduced Christmas and I'll hopefully see you around on the next thread.

Jemma xxx

Thank you Jemma. You've been amazing :A
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • affordmylife
    Options
    thank you jemma for all your hard work. now off to new thread xxx
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you Jemma, this thread has been amazing. Hope you had a fantastic Christmas. see you over on the new thread xx
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    Final post before I move onto shiny new 2013 challenge :)

Congratulations to CW2 the final debt freer of 2012! :A

An enormous and heartfelt thanks to Jemma for starting the thread and making such a wonderful community. Your final post was wonderfully written and inspiring. Good Luck with your plans for the future :T

Goodbye BFX2012 and hello to DFX2013 - bring it on :j
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • mumof3plusoh
    Options
    Thanks for everything Jemma, see you on the new thread.;)
    [SIZE=2]SPC4 #1395 Aug 11 £135.75/£150
    SPC5 #1395 Shower fund used £13.60 31/7/12 Banked Farepack administrators cheque £301 19/10/12 £326.40 in the tin....TOTAL £641
    SPC6 #1395 Total £144.62
    SPC7 # 051 Banked so far £100 TOTAL £142[/SIZE]
    SPC8 #051 £46 :(SPC9 #51 £1091.34 :T:T
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Jemma xxx
    Amazing! Thanks Jemma :) you've done amazingly as both our leader, our motivator, and our friend xxx You should be really proud of yourself, you've helped so many people xxx
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all again for your lovely words, it's been an incredible and emotional journey. I'm now asking for the thread to be locked.

See you on the other thread xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills