anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Options

Comments

• Kingskins
    Options
    Hi mate, check my last post. Hope this can help you
  • Kingskins
    Options
    Oh can i give email addresses out here? I have direct emails to numerous employees including management that i also found from the other person. I guess PM me if you want them?
  • chris1973
    chris1973 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 July 2013 at 5:30PM
    Options
    http://www.thebirminghampress.com/2013/07/22/wae-pledges-10000-to-midlands-air-ambulance/

Shame they can't spend as much time packing orders and getting them out of the door as they do posing to the press.
    "Dont expect anybody else to support you, maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when each one, might run out" - Mary Schmich
  • Eric777
    Eric777 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2013 at 8:44PM
    Options
    Claire71uk wrote: »
    Thank you Newbies, for your insights and experiences.

Trading Standards Birmingham have an active case open regarding WAE plus and its directors.

Please, Send your complaints to Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk, the more they see the more reason they will have to shut them down, or prosecute and fine.

It took Trading Standards 3 months just to respond, but I believe anyone who's mistreated by WAE+ should be heard.

May also support any credit card or bank chargebacks.

Trading Standards direct email Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk

Best of luck everyone.

I had the usual bad experience with them taking the money, not supplying, and coming up with excuses for months. Birmingham Trading Standards were very good and the same Mike Gutowski you quote got in touch with them and they refunded without comment. What I don't understand is why they are still allowed to carry on doing this??

Note: I live in Cornwall and originally went to Cornwall Trading Standards. They passed the buck and said I should go to Birmingham TS. There seems to be no National Trading Standards to cover Internet purchases. Birmingham at first said it was for Cornwall TS to deal, but when I said they had passed the buck, Birmingham TS agreed to take it up for me.
  • snixon218
    Options
    **** WAE PLUS - THEY ARE A JOKE ****
    Tried to buy a Samsung Tablet 8 inch with wae+ / Waeplus
    They took £400 off me and promised a 1 week delivery. Two months later, after multiple promised deliveries I still have no Tablet - these guys suck!!!! Moreover when you do get through to them (never quickly - you've been warned) and CANCEL your order, they hold onto you money for another 28 days!!!!!
    **** WAE PLUS - THEY ARE A JOKE ****
  • Madrichie
    Options
    Madrichie wrote: »
    Hi All
    Placed an order a couple of weeks ago for a new mobile (£145), sent them a message a day after my delivery was due asking when i would be receiving my purchase only to be told that it is now out of stock, but its still showing in stock on there website!!!!!
    Cancelled my order online, but it was still showing in my account as stocking issues, so rang the 0121 number to cancel my order.
    Spoke to Subrata, whom cancel my order and informed me that i would recieve a full refund within 2 working days :shocked: .
    If i haven't received my refund by the 25/07/13, i shall be contacting CC company and Trading Standards.

I will keep you all informed

Contacted my CC company today as no refund received as promised. They have raised a dispute and sent it through to the dispute department who will contact me within the next 7 / 10 days.

Good luck with your refunds
  • jpk3101
    Options
    I ordered a £50 wifi router on July 22 nd. after first checking it was in stock. The delivery given was 1/3 days. On day 3 I called to ask where it was , and was told it would DEFINITELY be delivered the following day.
    Day 4 arrived , but no router so I called again. The operative - who sounded like he was in Bombay , sorry , Mumbai, - told me , after hanging on for several minutes , that the supplier was out of stock and the item would not be delivered until Aug. 6 th.
    I told him to cancel the order and refund my payment immediately , to which the reply was that it would be refunded within 30 days. I protested strongly and was told a manager would contact me. I got an email saying they were sorry I had cancelled etc. etc. , but no mention of my refund.
    After looking at many many reviews on TrustPilot , I became doubtful that I would ever see my refund , so have now notified my Credit Card issuer.
    Do not buy from these people !!!!
  • rathernicelydone
    Options
    Sent: 25 July 2013 12:05
    To: Mike Gutowski
    Subject: RE: WAE Plus

It would be my pleasure Mike – let me know what kind of information is required so I can ensure I have the correct dates etc to hand.

Regards
    Yasir

From: Mike Gutowski [mailto:Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk]
    Sent: 25 July 2013 11:15
    To: Gulzar, Yasir

Hi Yasir

I am pleased to hear that you have received a refund. We are looking in to this matter and I would like to obtain a statement from you re your experiences with this company. Can you advise me whether you would be willing to do this and I or a colleague will contact you to arrange this.

Regards, Mike

Mike Gutowski
    Enforcement Officer
    Tel: 0121 303 9161

Birmingham Trading Standards
    P.O Box 16586
    Birmingham
    B33 3EH

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:39 PM
    To: Mike Gutowski

Hello Mike
    I have now received my refund direct from WAE Plus. I believe WAE Plus have breached The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations guidelines in 2 ways:
    1. They show items in stock that are not in stock
    2. In my case they took much longer than the 30 days maximum a seller has to provide a refund

I would appreciate an update on what Trading Standards Birmingham intend to do to ensure the company is prosecuted for the above two violations.

Kind regards
    Yasir
  • dLockers
    dLockers Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    What's the general consensus here then guys?

I have ordered £770 worth of items on the 9th of July and received nothing, zip, nada - they had none of the items available although all said they were 'In Stock' - and now have cancelled my order reluctantly but are not refunding me. I cancelled the order a week or so a go, and still no contact or refunds.

I phoned today and was told the systems were down and to call back in an hour, he reluctantly agreed to ring me back.

This is absolutely the worst service I have ever received from any company, ever - if they were on the verge of bankruptcy and trying to run with my money I could completely understand my position but this is meant to be a company trying to take over the likes of Amazon.

Unreal.
  • exelorator
    Options
    I have never left a review for a company before, this one I have to:

I ordered 2 items on the 25th May, said in stock!!, then found out from customer service HA! not in this country in another warehouse, Delivery between 7th and 11th June, after calling again and again and again....!! told would be here 12th, then 13th, & 14th June, no goods on 14th, tried to say would be here week after, i cancelled order on the 14th June, got email confirming order cancelled "The refund will be processed and back into your account soon" after not receiving soon told had to wait up to 30 days, well we are now at over 2 months since placing order and still no refund from WAE!

Despite emailing them and being told by them an instruction had been sent out to accounts to process this!!

My Order was for over £300!! 8 ( these thieves still have my money!

THANKS TO MY BANK AND VISA REGULATIONS I NOW HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

The laughable thing is, after getting my money back through my bank, they had nerve to send email saying they had refunded lmao!!

PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ANY COST, FOR SAKE OF SAVING A FEW QUID USE A REPUTABLE COMPANY, UNFORTUNATELY YOU PROBABLY WONT READ THESE TERRIBLE REVIEWS UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR GOODS!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure