anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Claire71uk
    Options
    MadMick wrote: »
    Please google
    Sparks fly as bankrupt electrical firm WAE+ reinvents itself as Extak and the guardian

for a relevant article. Sorry I cannot post a most useful link to all those scammed

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/sep/28/bankrupt-electrical-firm-wae-extak
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    I Regret using the company previously known as WAE

I will not give a reason why as that could leave me open to legal action..:)

However, I regret using them. ....
  • toptexter
    toptexter Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 October 2013 at 1:28PM
    Options
    maybe this has something to do with it - guardian newspaper feature last saturday. it wil show up in search.

my own expereinece is thus. i placed an order from extak, i have no delivery. contact extak, week or so later they reply, delivered at mailbox.. hmm, the package wouldn't have fit through the letterbox anyway.

extak existed before september as mentioned in the guardian story.

some more emails went back and fore, then they gave me the tracking number. i register with the courier and looked at the couriers proof of delivery, it says delivered at mailbox.
    so i get back to extak and asked what's goin on? then i asked them what address have YOU printed on the parcel? they replied with the details i registered with them.

then i asked the courier what address is on the proof of delivery you have?
    they replied... the address has been changed

who? why? gets interesting.. they omiited the last two letters in the postcode prefix. and left out my name? why?

so, if you can imagine the courier turning up in that area, thinking what on earth do i do with this parcel? either the courier has literally called round anyone's house at random and scarpered or put it in the bin, because the driver has signed the parcel as delivered.
    or maybe taken it back to the depot, find there is no return label or invoice, so what do they do?

the only other thing that is on the label is my house number and a slightly changed street address. they changed the letter u to a y, and that wouldn't beared any influence anyway, and there is no other street with an identical name in the area the courier had been, which starts a mile away and stretches for another two miles up the valley, including farm houses.

so, my postcode is say sa18 3kk, they have changed the postcode to sa18 2 and left out the last two leters.. which means they post them to non existant addresses and non deliverable addresses. making it impossible to trace, unless the driver has a dam good memory where they left it.
    now, we need to locate this item to prove there is something untoward.

and as soon as a customer asks extak to activate the track and trace facility with the courier, they cancel the order. why? because they do not want the customer to find the parcel.. why?

an interesting point has arisen, it has been stated you may not receive your order with english instructions. also, you may receive an identical product...

maybe they are non uk compliant products? who knows. and the customer won't know because they have made the parcel impossible to detect.

the customer can't go to trading standards because the proof is undetectable, they company have offered a refund (even if they haven't received it). so trading standards won't get involved because the law says as long as the company has offered a resolution. and when a resolution has not been made, it is for the consumer to take the company to county court which could cost more money than the item itself and the court application fee is non-returnable as an award.. and even if don't show up in court, the judge will automatically award the consumer, but will involve another lot of applications to retrieve the money by order of payment. and even if they do show up and the judge orders the refund, it still does guarentee the money will be paid
  • toptexter
    toptexter Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 October 2013 at 8:41PM
    Options
    last sentence should have read - even if they do show up and the judge orders the refund, it still doesn't guarentee the money will be paid.

and usually the county court application fee is not awarded as damages, so spending more than £70 to get £50 back is still losing out financially. plus time taken off work, travel costs
  • toptexter
    Options
    from what i can make out, the old extak were alright?

soon as the old weAreElectrics got their feet in, the old chaos unleashed again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure