anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Options

Comments

• WelshBird_2
    Options
    AVOID AVOID AVOID!

I ordered some software on Friday based on the fact that they say you can call to upgrade your delivery from 6-8 days to express delivery. So I called today (after Bank Holiday Monday) only to be told that this was not possible unless they refunded me for my order with a credit note and I then I reordered the item with the credit note at which point they would check if express delivery was available!?!

Obviously, this was not acceptable and so I asked for a full refund at which point I was told this will take up to 15 working days.

So I called by bank to check if they could cancel the payment and they said 'no as the payment had been authorised but not yet taken from my account' and that I would need to wait 15 days before a VISA could issue a chargeback to my account.

No surprises as to why WAE+ use 15days as their standard turnaround time for refunds.

And so from wanting next day service I now need to wait 15 days to have my money back to be able to order from another supplier.

This whole saga took 18 minutes over the phone 16 minutes of which I was on hold. The customer service representative was very polite though - I feel very sorry for their employees for having to work within such a poor customer service framework.
  • WelshBird_2
    Options
    Further to original post below, I have reported WAE+ to Trading Standards (via Citizens Advice Consumer Services) about the issue of the Credit Note.

I've also just received an email from WAE+ to say that they will refund me within 30 days rather than the 15 days that they originally suggested over the phone when I cancelled my order.

Citizens Advice have said that 30 days is the maximum period within which they must issue me with a refund. Fingers crossed they at least honour this.

Needless to say I'm seriously in a peeve about this so will follow this through with Trading Standards if I don't receive a refund within 30 days.

Please contact Trading Standards if you have a complaint about any unfair/illegal trading practices so that they have as much evidence as possible to tackle it.

WelshBird wrote: »
    AVOID AVOID AVOID!

I ordered some software on Friday based on the fact that they say you can call to upgrade your delivery from 6-8 days to express delivery. So I called today (after Bank Holiday Monday) only to be told that this was not possible unless they refunded me for my order with a credit note and I then I reordered the item with the credit note at which point they would check if express delivery was available!?!

Obviously, this was not acceptable and so I asked for a full refund at which point I was told this will take up to 15 working days.

So I called by bank to check if they could cancel the payment and they said 'no as the payment had been authorised but not yet taken from my account' and that I would need to wait 15 days before a VISA could issue a chargeback to my account.

No surprises as to why WAE+ use 15days as their standard turnaround time for refunds.

And so from wanting next day service I now need to wait 15 days to have my money back to be able to order from another supplier.

This whole saga took 18 minutes over the phone 16 minutes of which I was on hold. The customer service representative was very polite though - I feel very sorry for their employees for having to work within such a poor customer service framework.
  • WelshBird_2
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up - I've just signed it and reported them to Trading Standards.
  • Disenfranchised
    Options
    I ordered several items from WAE+ on 5th April. I have yet to see any whiff of either the goods or any oft-requested refund. As I paid £198 and was looking forward to a new CPU for my PC, this was neither a nominal purchase nor one that I wanted to wait so long for.

For what it;s worth, I have been using their online form and have kept all of their replies. They have been very obliging with their promises, albeit failed to keep a single one. I do have a body of evidence to present to the small claims court, as I suspect I will be filing a case next week.

So, I'd steer clear of these and any affiliates.

On another note, I contacted my bank over a chargeback and was informed that they would not be able to instigate a chargeback since I paid by debit card. Does anyone have any idea why this is and what protection I may have?
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 May 2013 at 10:59PM
    Options
    To balance things, my first WAE+ order, placed on 14th May, is now with UPS en-route (according to their online tracker) and due for delivery tomorrow.

They did say 9 working days, which is about right, give or take a day.

It's a small value item (£17 shaver foil - £23 at Amazon and £30 at Boots). It's been that cheap before with Amazon, last year sometime, but has been stuck at the higher price all year everywhere as most online retailers blindly follow the Amazon price to the penny, so I couldn't resist giving WAE+ a try.

I read somewhere that they source items from Europe as they don't have huge warehouses full of stock, hence the horrendous lead-times, but at least they seem to be up front about it in my case.

We'll see if it turns up tomorrow, but if it does, I'd consider using them again for low-priority items where I don't mind waiting 2 weeks rather than 2 days...
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    UPS just delivered it now - tiny little jiffy bag with the item in as described. So, I'm happy enough and would use again for low value items that I don't mind waiting a few weeks for, if the price is right of course!
  • NellyMelba
    Options
    Further To my post on 21st May, I too contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau and gave them an account of our experience of WAE+ and told them that WEA+ had debited both of our credit/debit cards but only created one order which they didn't fulfil, and I received an email from the CAB saying that they had passed this info onto Trading Standards for further investigation and they advised me of further action I could take. However my OH got his refund from WAE+ within the 3-5 days that they promised!

My advice is if you've already had the misfortune of dealing with them and not received your item or refund, get on their backs as soon you can and kick off. Raise the issue with your bank/credit card company as soon as possible and contact the Citizens Advice Bureau for further advice.
  • mike454545
    Options
    No point beating about the bush, this company like many uses low prices to attract buyers and utilises huge interest free cashflow to operate their finances. You can expect very slow delivery (2 months so far) and when you finally throw in the towel and cancel you can expect to wait 30 days for a refund. Simple business plan - other companies do it why not them. Save yourself the hassle and buy elsewhere. Amazingly there seems to be a pattern in the "good reviews" posted on "Trust Pilot" - just an observation..
  • MadMick_2
    MadMick_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 1 June 2013 at 8:13AM
    Options
    Please web search....."esellermedia price of fast growth".

A few of you may wish to add comments as invited to do so at the web page.
  • BlueMS3
    Options
    Basil1234 wrote: »
    right they are based in birmingham office suppliers ordered a kodak hero 6.1 off them on 20th march on 10-12 day free delivery so should been shipped out today just tried ringing them on there 0845 number get the sorry we really busy so there are no customer agents to deal with your call line its been like that all day bear in mind its there sales line as well. tells you to use web page email fast response link which have done with no response as well so all in all wondering is this a one man band or has it gone down the pan.

just wondering if anyone else has had dealings with them at all its just this printer needs to be here by thursday 5th as my father will be going on hols for a fornight after that and will be no one to take it. and if its not they may as well not bother i'll cancel and reorder from amazon at least they arent that slow.
    Hi

Yes, I have placed an order for a phone that was shown as in stock with them on the 27th May, paid for early delivery (6-10 working days). Phone should have arrived yesterday. Phoned today and told item is still on order and will not be with them until next Tue. I cancelled the order which they agreed to but said it could take 30 days to make the refund. Not happy but in their terms. Will let you know when refund is made and how long a wait.

Regards phone numbers, there is a local number for Birmingham which is 0121 663 0433 and can be found on their web site. Could it be that they are having high caller demand because of items not received when expected.

Good prices but I will think twice about going back.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport